• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low microphone volume on first call

gorem

Lurker
Oct 11, 2022
Hi,

when I make a call from my A31, the first call is characterized by low microphone volume, the called person can hardly hear me... if I end the call and call again everything is fine (It doesn't matter with who I'm trying to make a call).

I tried:

- phone factory reset: the problem is solved for about 5 days and then everything starts again

- to check apps that have permission to access the microphone: there is none allowed

- to check apps only when they are in use, there is: AndroidAuto, Camera, Google, Google Voice services, Meet, WhatsApp, Messages

- To switch off VoLTE: it doesn't helped

Can anybody help me to solve this? It is very annoying.

Thanks you

Tom

It is strange, that it is happening only on first call, then is OK. Why do you think it is HW problem?
well if a factory reset does not work than the issue is most likely not a software issue. you can try a hard reset which is a slightly more deeper wipe.
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a31/

but if that does not work than you can most likely rule out a software issue.....which leads to that it might be a hardware issue.

or your best bet, is to take it in to a repair shop and see what they say it might be.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones