1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

MAke Folders for Photos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jocce, May 21, 2010.

1. Jocce

Jocce Member

May 21, 2010
    Production Manager
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is there anyway to create folders for Photos?

Right now I only have "Camera Pictures", "All Photos" and "All Downloads", but I want to be able to create my own folders etc...

/Jocce

Advertisement

2. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Hmm. Very good question. I think that the OS treats photos more-or-less like a camera does, and therefore just creates a generic folder (usually ..:\DCIM\100MEDIA) on SD card to store pictures. Downloaded photos are chucked into the X:\download folder with any other downloaded files (pdfs, apks, etc).

You might consider trying to create a folder from your PC on your SD card within ..:\DCIM\100MEDIA and see if your device picks it up. A similar process of creating folders has worked in terms of adding custom Notification, Alarm, and Ringtones. Good lucK!

3. Beatle_42

Beatle_42 Member

May 2, 2010
    I have the same issue. With the 'not-do-smart' phones this was easy. I suppose in going ahead, some things are left behind?!?

4. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    @Beatle_42 Have you tried any of the suggestions above?

5. lekky

lekky Lover

Bascially you can create a folder anywhere on your sdcard, and place photos in the folder. If a folder has photos in, that folder will appear as a photo gallery in the photos app.

For instace i have a top level folder named Pictures. Inside here I have many other folders such as "asian", "latino", "brunette".

Those will appear as galleries in the photos app.

Dog_chops likes this.
  6. Dog_chops

Dog_chops Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Good call Lekky.

7. nilsca

nilsca Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Hi

with "Ctrl Folder" you can organize right inside from the comfort of Gallery

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Nils

Tags: