• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MAke Folders for Photos?

Hmm. Very good question. I think that the OS treats photos more-or-less like a camera does, and therefore just creates a generic folder (usually ..:\DCIM\100MEDIA) on SD card to store pictures. Downloaded photos are chucked into the X:\download folder with any other downloaded files (pdfs, apks, etc).

You might consider trying to create a folder from your PC on your SD card within ..:\DCIM\100MEDIA and see if your device picks it up. A similar process of creating folders has worked in terms of adding custom Notification, Alarm, and Ringtones. Good lucK!

Upvote 0
Bascially you can create a folder anywhere on your sdcard, and place photos in the folder. If a folder has photos in, that folder will appear as a photo gallery in the photos app.

For instace i have a top level folder named Pictures. Inside here I have many other folders such as "asian", "latino", "brunette".

Those will appear as galleries in the photos app.

Reactions: Dog_chops
Upvote 0
Hi

with "Ctrl Folder" you can organize right inside from the comfort of Gallery

chart

Cheers
Nils

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones