• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market and power button issues

kd0afk

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
This just started last night. All of a sudden my phone springs to life from the screen being off. I thought it was because I had a push msg. NOPE! When I try to turn the screen off with the power button it goes off and then comes right back on. So, in order to save on battery and to make sure it won't dial in my pocket, I have to turn the thing completely off (very inconvenient).
And, now when I click on market it doesn't come on. Just before the market stopped working I tried to download any apps they wouldn't install.

I don't want to have to do a factory reset on this thing.
The market issue showed up in my droid x and when I did a reset to fix it, it bricked the device.
I agree with another member on this. Google makes tons of money and pays their tech guys a pretty good wage to figure these kind of things and to code software on a device to prevent this from happening, where is that money going? It certainly isn't to fix issues with phones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones