• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help marketplace is gone???

Iv got 2.1 and everything was fine untill i installed an app today then my phone went crazy. So i reset it and removed the app and the maket place was gone. As in nothing showing in there. So i took my phone back to stock then back up to 2.1 and same thing. When i search under apps or anything there are a few apps that show and all of the icons say 1.6. Otherwise the main page of the market is blank and when i try and search for a app it doesnt find it. Any ideas on a fix? Right now i just took it back to 1.5 untill i can get this figured out.

When you enter the market you see fetured appa and tabs for apps games etc, when I goto market the page is white and says what I posted before. Then if I go so a broad search under say games there is only a few there and every icon is the green android and it says 1.6 in the pic. This makes me think my market is thinkin I'm running 1.6. But in about it says 2.1 and dd10 or whatever. Sorry I can't remember exact cause I reverted back to 1.5.

Upvote 0
i reflashed my phone to dd03 then dd10...i was running it before and it was working fine...went to load a theme and for the hell of it, reflashed...and now i get that same error. when i go into the market, i get "no matching content in android market". i cant find any apps, nothing, my marketplace is useless...ill try the protected app fix today...

Update: This fixed the marketplace

Upvote 0
Do you really see 0 apps, or just not the good apps??

The Market knows that 2.1 for the Moment is not released yet so Protected Apps will not show.

There is a fix here:
How to access Protected Apps in the Market...

EDIT: You must have root to do this!

What does one use to do this hack? What programs are needed? Sorry im a complete noob when it comes to this.

Upvote 0
Can someone help me adb push the build.prop fix please? Its not working for me for some reason. I would use connectbot like I did the first time but I can't even install it at all.

I was able to have su access before, but for some reason, its not working any more??? I haven't used command prompt for a month and forgot how to really use it.

Please help :(

Need exact detailed instructions on what I need and what to do in order to get this build.prop to be adb pushed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones