• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media device disconnected message causing my phone to die

colinw85

Lurker
Jul 28, 2018
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have had it for about 7 months and it has worked well until about 6 months ago. I charge my phone up to 100 percent every morning. I wake up and take it out of the charger amd check social media, listen to music, etc. When my phone gets to about 60-80 percent, my phone gives me a message that says "Media Device Disconnected". It gives it repeatedly until eventually my phone restarts and when it turns back on its at 1-10 percent. Why is this happening? I have tried a factory reset, It charges up the same speed it used to and it dies at the same speed it used to, but it chooses to die at 60-80 percent. I asked around at different cell phone repair shops and they said it's not the battery. Is there anything I can try or do? Please help, thank you.

Screenshot_20180728-073622.png

Upvote 0
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have had it for about 7 months and it has worked well until about 6 months ago. I charge my phone up to 100 percent every morning. I wake up and take it out of the charger amd check social media, listen to music, etc. When my phone gets to about 60-80 percent, my phone gives me a message that says 'Media Device Disconnected'. ...
Just a couple of random suggestions:
-- Try wiping the system cache partition. You need to restart your phone into its Recovery Mode to do this. Instructions here (it's for a S6 but the same for your S6 Edge):
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-galaxy-s6
This is only a possible solution to that 'Media Device Disconnected' message being something tied to a corrupt cache file in the system cache.
-- Enable 'Developer Options' on your phone, then go to your Settings >> Developer options menu and open it. There should be a 'Revoke USB debugging authorizations' option in the listing so use it to clear any previous USB connections you might have set up before. Since you've disabled Bluetooth perhaps that message is tied to some USB-related device you used months ago.
https://www.howtogeek.com/129728/ho...menu-and-enable-usb-debugging-on-android-4.2/

Upvote 0
Just a couple of random suggestions:
-- Try wiping the system cache partition. You need to restart your phone into its Recovery Mode to do this. Instructions here (it's for a S6 but the same for your S6 Edge):
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-galaxy-s6
This is only a possible solution to that 'Media Device Disconnected' message being something tied to a corrupt cache file in the system cache.
-- Enable 'Developer Options' on your phone, then go to your Settings >> Developer options menu and open it. There should be a 'Revoke USB debugging authorizations' option in the listing so use it to clear any previous USB connections you might have set up before. Since you've disabled Bluetooth perhaps that message is tied to some USB-related device you used months ago.
https://www.howtogeek.com/129728/ho...menu-and-enable-usb-debugging-on-android-4.2/

I have done both of those things and neither worked, unfortunately. Thanks for replying tho!

Upvote 0
im also having this issue. please let me know if you find the problem. I have the regular galaxy s6 and i get the message after about 10 minutes of being off the charger and it will die even if im not on it. I will have it in my pocket for an hour or so and when i finally try to use it i get the message and it dies. Not sure if you have the same issue or if mine is more severe.

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me for over a month. I tried everything to fix it. Deleted every downloaded app, wiped the cache partition, calibrated the battery, factory reset my phone, and all the suggestions in this thread. Nothing worked. I remembered sticking my son's laptop in the freezer when the battery was fried, and since I was pretty sure this is a battery issue I tired it. I left it off put it in a zip lock with all the air pushed out and left it in there overnight. The next morning I took it out let it warm up a few hours and plugged it in without turning it on until the battery was charged to 100%. It hasn't had a problem since and that was 2 days ago. Idk how long this will work, but I do know now for sure it's the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones