• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory issues, what can I do?

dalesponyrider

Jun 21, 2010
I have mentioned this on the favourite applications thread but realise that was probably not the most appropriate place to ask!

I know I am a bit challenged in the age department but if I take my time I usually find my way slowly around tecky stuff but......I am struggling to download new apps onto my Nexus One. I didn't think I used that many compared to some of my younger friends! I wonder if it's a particular problem with this phone? Is there anything I can do about it?

If you've done all the obvious things like making sure all the apps that can be are on your sd card, clearing out unneeded texts, call logs etc, emptied browser caches and market search histories then probably not unless you root (which allows you to move stuff to the sd card that you can't when unrooted, and also allows you to delete some of the apps that came with the phone that you perhaps might not use.

Compared with other (newer?) phones the internal storage of the Nexus is a bit miserly - lots of other people find it inconvenient and there are plenty of rants about it to be found.

I've had the low storage space a couple of times and solved it by getting rid of some (non-movable) apps that I only use once in a blue moon. I, long ago, swopped my original 4GB sd card for a 16GB one so have plenty of space for music, books, photos etc.

Re. the market search history; I seem to remember it wasn't possible to clear it (going way back now :eek:) not sure if you can these days with gb, but if not then "History Eraser" from the Market will do the job for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones