• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] ZTE 990g will not turn on Debugging mode

Kronin

Lurker
Sep 10, 2012
I can not get get my phone to go in the Debugging mode. I connect it up and no little bug appears in the Status bar it just offers USB storage mode, with the USB icon in the status bar... ADB on the computer doesn't even see it. It worked just fine until the WiFi quit but, thanks to Tech support, I got it back. The poor guy at Tech had no idea what I was talking about, Debug Mode. I've tried this on two different computers.

I'm using Rom 1.3 in the Setup guide. I'm going back to the stock rom. This 1.3 rom seems buggy to me. Then again, I could be the one that is! Thanks ahead for the help.

Ya, I had rooted and modded it but, re-installed the orginal mod with Clockwork. I found the problem was not the phone but my computer. I re-installed the Merit drivers and the ADB software. I would recommend cleaning your registry first because the first time I tried this it didn't work. That is at least what worked for me on both computers. I hope this helps with someone else's troubles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones