• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message saying PLEASE CALL

Clarissa 88

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
I am receiving text messages saying please call. One of the numbers I recognize as a person who calls often yet has the wrong number, tonight two messages came through from my landlords phone number which of coarse saved in my contacts. Anyone know whats happening here or have the same problem?

I am receiving text messages saying please call. One of the numbers I recognize as a person who calls often yet has the wrong number, tonight two messages came through from my landlords phone number which of coarse saved in my contacts. Anyone know whats happening here or have the same problem?

It could be an automated txt. What I mean is sometimes the vm is setup with the ability to send a page instead of leaving a vm and what that does is send a txt identical to what you are describing. Try calling your phone from another phone of course and see if you get the option to page it and if so do it and see what happens. You may have to press * or # for more options sometimes that gives you the page option as well. Different carriers and different vm packages are set up differently.

Reactions: Clarissa 88
Upvote 0
I left out a bit of info. The message from my landlord came at 12:30 A.M and, I called. He confirmed he had not called or text me. It does appear to be something automated in the sense that the PLEASE CALL is the same for all three numbers sent in capital letters and no other words. I just don't know what or why.

Upvote 0
I left out a bit of info. The message from my landlord came at 12:30 A.M and, I called. He confirmed he had not called or text me. It does appear to be something automated in the sense that the PLEASE CALL is the same for all three numbers sent in capital letters and no other words. I just don't know what or why.

That is very weird like vce said it could be malware. If you tried what I suggested you will see that the PLEASE CALL sent in a page is usually all caps as well and I don't know about anyone else but i have experienced txt delays with boost from time to time sometimes taking a week or longer to get a txt as complex as "OK". No matter what it is I hope you get it figured out and taken care of.

EDIT:
Did all three txts come in at around the same time? And the number you recognized but was wrong what do you mean? Was that number in your contacts as well?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones