• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messages app problem

If auto loads up means starts on boot then yes im 98.625% sure you have to be rooted to do so.I remember looking at that same issue when i got my first droid cuz on my pc thats a must is to control what boots and what not. i never found a non root solution. I rooted and never looked backed, like wetbiker7 i personally root all my devices as soon as i got them home.

If rooting does happen to be the only way then your problem is resolved,then it done by one of two ways either by getting app from play store or the custom rom you choose has it built in to settings.

Wetbiker you are correct this any many other problems ppl have occur can be resolved by a rooted phone

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
If auto loads up means starts on boot then yes im 98.625% sure you have to be rooted to do so.I remember looking at that same issue when i got my first droid cuz on my pc thats a must is to control what boots and what not. i never found a non root solution. I rooted and never looked backed, like wetbiker7 i personally root all my devices as soon as i got them home.

If rooting does happen to be the only way then your problem is resolved,then it done by one of two ways either by getting app from play store or the custom rom you choose has it built in to settings.

Wetbiker you are correct this any many other problems ppl have occur can be resolved by a rooted phone

Thanks and yeah....... The only way he'll be able to remove or disable the stock messaging app is to root his device. The good thing is that the S3 is very easy to flash a recovery like Philz and then root it. One of the HUGE benefits the S3 has going for it is Odin. A Samsung device with Odin is almost unbrickable. ;)

Besides the benefits of Odin, there are also all the custom ROMs out there for the S3 (tons of them). I'm running Liquidsmooth with the Quantum kernel right now and my phone is running unbelievably smooth. :)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I wana know what the OP means by "loads up" and why stop it from doing that. Like, does it cause any problems?
The guys are right though, if the messaging app doesnt have a "disable" option then youll need root access to freeze or uninstall it.
I just cant see why you wana do that though :beer:

I'm pretty sure he means that the messaging app starts (loads) when the ROM boots up. The only way to stop that is to remove the app, freeze it with Titanium, or use Greenify with Xposed Framework.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones