• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetaMorph that Just adds % to Battery Icon in Task Window

DGalt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
I'm currently using a metamorph theme (it's not really a theme, but whatever) that puts a number in the little battery icon in the task pulldown window (does it have an official name? I never know what to call it)

However, it only seems to be right every 20% (so 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%). It never displays 90%, 70%, etc.

I'm using the AdamZ's smoke glass, and I don't want to mess with that theme, so are there any metamorph files out there that will just display the (correct) battery percent in the battery icon?

The metamorph theme is just replacing the stock icons with ones that have numbers on them. The stock icons only change every 20% so there aren't icons for 90, 70, etc to replace. It doesn't seem like it would be possible to add the missing ones.

To get more accurate you use a program called "battery indicator" or something similar that adds a 2nd battery icon to the status bar which isn't ideal and is still only accurate to every 10%.

There is also a widget that monitors your usage and can estimate to the nearest 1%. I haven't used that one but have heard that it is pretty accurate.

Upvote 0
That's Battery Left.

I found it to be wildly inaccurate, even given a week of conditioning. Sometimes I'd shut my phone off and turn it back on, and it'd read -50% left!!!

yeah I have see odd % like that too.

I am using battery left, seems to be okay right now, but at times the estimated % is way off the system %, which I sort of understand since the system maybe only, 100, 80,60,40,20,10

Either way having the # in the status bar to me is helpful too. (I am not using the battery left status bar info, but I might try to finish my icons today for the regular battery..

Upvote 0
Yeah I was using battery left. Gave it a month to figure itself out, never was right. Unistalled.

Bummer on the other thing too :(

Edit: Is there any way to remove the default batter icon (so that if I were to use Battery Indicator, I wouldn't have 2 icons in the task bar)?

Upvote 0
Battery Left can be set to display the System Batter percentage instead of the estimated percentage. That is the same percentage the stock icon reports, except Battery Left will display it in 10% increments in your status bar. That is what I use and it has been reliable. instead of the highly subjective estimated readings. I also have it display battery temperature in the widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones