• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root metro customers

Hey guys is the f6 worth the 100 bucks or should I get the nexus 5 ?

Look at the specs, read the forums here for both phones and make an informed decision based on what you read and your priorities.
The F6 has the same internal storage limitations as the other phones being discussed here, so if you're a gamer or app fiend who needs lots of space it probably isn't for you. Aside from that it seems to be a pretty decent piece, essentially the F3 with a larger screen.

Reactions: drobotclone
Upvote 0
Anyone here get the nexus 5 from T-Mobile and switched it to metro pcs?

I was looking at all the features it has and thought maybe the battery would be horrible.anyone experiencing problems with their battery? The nexus 5 has a horrible battery life from the reviews I've read so far . Been researching the lg l70,lg f6,lg f3 and the nexus 5 but I still can't figure out which one has the best battery life well I think the l70 is out since it doesn't have LTE so that one will definitely lasts much longer.

Oh yeah and I'm not loving the plastic cover on the f6 you guys buy any cool ruber cases?

Upvote 0

I was looking at all the features it has and thought maybe the battery would be horrible.anyone experiencing problems with their battery? The nexus 5 has a horrible battery life from the reviews I've read so far . Been researching the lg l70,lg f6,lg f3 and the nexus 5 but I still can't figure out which one has the best battery life well I think the l70 is out since it doesn't have LTE so that one will definitely lasts much longer.

Oh yeah and I'm not loving the plastic cover on the f6 you guys buy any cool ruber cases?

My nexus 5 battery life was terrible when i first got it, then after a few weeks it settles and its pretty solid. however i recently flashed slimrom and a custom kernel and set it up to be better battery managing and over the course of 16 or so hours i lost about half the battery life. my highest usage was on the phone for 30 mins and playing tiny thief.

Upvote 0

I upgraded from the lg motion to the lg L9 and then to the N5 in a matter of like 4 months. It's an awesome phone and I'm completely happy with my N5 16gb version. I do use it on metro pcs and my service with it is great almost every where I go (in my neck of the woods) I'm on LTE.
One thing to understand about the N5 is that no matter where you buy it from... Whether it be Google/T-Mobile or Sprint they are all exactly the same the only difference is that there is a 16gb and 32gb version.
They all are sim unlocked and support CDMA/GSM and it's also supports tri-band network like Sprint Spark
Google actually sells the device to T-Mobile and Sprint (thats why you will find no carrirer branding on the N5) for about the cost of what you can buy it for from the play store... That's why T-Mobile and Sprint sell it for a $100 or more, than what it cost on google play.
If your thinking of upgrading to the N5 from a lg motion its a huge upgrade. Pure vanilla, guaranteed support/updates, it's lightning fast and there is so much development for the N5 too it not funny, I can barely keep up with the N5 forum on xda... Every ROM and kernel you could think of is available for it and it seriously took all of 2 mins to unlock the bootloader and root it. Plus it can be unrooted, relocked and the tamper flag reset, if needed.

I do agree with Fox Mulder thought... It's better to research the phones and find out what is the better fit for you and your personal use.

Upvote 0
One thing to consider is wifi calling. If this is important to you (it's a great feature and I use it often), bear in mind that only the Metro or T-Mo branded phones will have this function available as a native app. I have seen some discussion on this, but unless there is something I missed and someone can point to it, AFAIK you cannot get this to work on a BYO phone.

Upvote 0
I got the G2 from Tmobile and it has wifi calling. It comes with 32gb of storage which I have no worries ever of running out of space. It's also on sale. Had better battery before kitkat plus now it's a pita to root, but can be done. I'm going to upgrade to the G3 when it hits the market. One downside I noticed about the l70 is as of now it's unrootable. I only mentioned it because sooo many motion owners are seeking kitkat and this is an affordable option.

Upvote 0
Thanks that sucks because I heard I can't use the mobile hotspot on the f6.Does anyone know if this is true I would be switching from the motion with the 60 unlimited data talk and text

If it does stop working I'm going to their store and break a window with it:)ill have to use a rock for the third store though those bastards shouldn't have sold me such a great phone in the first place there is about 3 metros all within a mile from each other ��

Upvote 0
Thanks that sucks because I heard I can't use the mobile hotspot on the f6.Does anyone know if this is true I would be switching from the motion with the 60 unlimited data talk and text

If it does stop working I'm going to their store and break a window with it:)ill have to use a rock for the third store though those bastards shouldn't have sold me such a great phone in the first place there is about 3 metros all within a mile from each other ��

Lol as great as the Motion is I swear you can find better

Upvote 0

I don't have an F6 but I guess they did get hotspot working but it does require rooting... Take a look here - http://androidforums.com/metropcs-optimus-f6-all-things-root/809329-found-tethering-mpcs-f6-video-uploaded-i-explorer-registry-user-agent.html

As far as the Motion goes, yeah CDMA and the Motion will be obsolete supposedly by 2015 on metro. That's one of the main reasons metro has been offering the $29 GSM phones, to get you off of CDMA.
I bought the Motion back in the fall because I switched from T-Mobile contact to metro and they were having problems and of course couldn't activate my current phone, I was leaving state thay day and I had to have a phone, so the rep said "I'll give you a great deal on the Motion and it's a pretty sweet phone, you won't be disappointed." So I said alright... Just to find out that he gave me a deal on it only because they were completely discontinuing it and were not even gonna sell it anymore and that with in a year that it would be obsolete. I was pretty irritated at them and especially as a new customer. I haven't been back to the specific store since and have a pretty good rapport with the one I go to now... Anyways! Lol, it was a decent phone, smooth, pretty quick and out of almost all their phones thay had it has one of the largest internal memory's. My only complaint really was that the screen was just to small for my paws.

Upvote 0
Lol as great as the Motion is I swear you can find better

I guess I just fell in love with it since at that time the phones metro offerd were junk and priced extremely high. Your absolutely right though they are packing top of the line phones now but not the ones I'm looking for like the n5 or lgg2 . Don't get me wrong the g5 and 4 are fantastic but they're more expensive then a ...........

Upvote 0
I guess I just fell in love with it since at that time the phones metro offerd were junk and priced extremely high. Your absolutely right though they are packing top of the line phones now but not the ones I'm looking for like the n5 or lgg2 . Don't get me wrong the g5 and 4 are fantastic but they are expensive then a ...........

If you want nexus.. Go nexus but had you seen one plus one yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones