• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root metro customers

Love the oneplus one...

$299
CM11 preinstalled
2.5ghz quad core
3gb ram
13mp camera
5.5 display 1080p
LTE
3100 mah battery

OnePlus One - OnePlus.net

The more I say it's name...the dumber I feel, eff it. It's now that one phone, not to be confused with that other one phone.. If you have to ask about some other one phone just remember it's not that one phone.

Upvote 0
It's not for sale yet. iwhen they do launch it 100 people will get the chance to smash their very expensive phones putting themselves at risk so they can buy one for $1, they will also get 3 invites meaning that for the first 2/3 months only 400 phones will get sold. assuming you pay some alright money you may snag an invite.

as for teh name it sounds better to just shorten it, i call it One Plus Phone the One, or OPPO for short :D. (similar to the company name that owns One+).

Upvote 0
It's not for sale yet. iwhen they do launch it 100 people will get the chance to smash their very expensive phones putting themselves at risk so they can buy one for $1, they will also get 3 invites meaning that for the first 2/3 months only 400 phones will get sold. assuming you pay some alright money you may snag an invite.

as for teh name it sounds better to just shorten it, i call it One Plus Phone the One, or OPPO for short :D. (similar to the company name that owns One+).

Ohh those crafty Chinese with their easter eggs

Upvote 0
I just want to chime in on this Metro / Motion thread. It is/was the nice little phone in the store window when I walked in. It didn't take much research to realize this was the phone with the best bang for my buck.

A year later T-Mobile ate Metro and I knew it would take a while for the buyout/integration to effect me. Well for those following this transition, it is happening SOON here in the Boston Metro area and points just South. I think I have until sometime in June of this year (2014) before they shut this areas CDMA down. (Or at least that's what I read this week.) I even got a text on my phone that pointed me to this bit of bad news on their web site.

Well, I am happy with the way Metro has treated me thus far. I got many months of service for free for having a bit of a voice mail issue that did eventually resolve itself. So I wanted to get another Metro phone and looked at the LG L70 and saw that it had VERY limited storage then saw the LG L90 offered by T-Mobile. That had more storage and a better processor. But it was pointed out that neither of these were LTE phones.

Now I'm left with a couple of months to see what comes out in the meantime. These G4's and G5's are nice and all but are just crazy $$. I bought my first car for less money! LOL

I feel a bit disappointed because I take care of my stuff and it lasts a long time. My Motion does what it needs to. Even when T-Mobile bought them it said on their website that our existing phones would continue to work on their network and not to worry. I knew it was coming... Just not so soon. :-(

Ahh well. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

-Sipdude

Upvote 0
I just want to chime in on this Metro / Motion thread. It is/was the nice little phone in the store window when I walked in. It didn't take much research to realize this was the phone with the best bang for my buck.

A year later T-Mobile ate Metro and I knew it would take a while for the buyout/integration to effect me. Well for those following this transition, it is happening SOON here in the Boston Metro area and points just South. I think I have until sometime in June of this year (2014) before they shut this areas CDMA down. (Or at least that's what I read this week.) I even got a text on my phone that pointed me to this bit of bad news on their web site.

Well, I am happy with the way Metro has treated me thus far. I got many months of service for free for having a bit of a voice mail issue that did eventually resolve itself. So I wanted to get another Metro phone and looked at the LG L70 and saw that it had VERY limited storage then saw the LG L90 offered by T-Mobile. That had more storage and a better processor. But it was pointed out that neither of these were LTE phones.

Now I'm left with a couple of months to see what comes out in the meantime. These G4's and G5's are nice and all but are just crazy $$. I bought my first car for less money! LOL

I feel a bit disappointed because I take care of my stuff and it lasts a long time. My Motion does what it needs to. Even when T-Mobile bought them it said on their website that our existing phones would continue to work on their network and not to worry. I knew it was coming... Just not so soon. :-(

Ahh well. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

-Sipdude

For me after the motion it was the atrix hd from att, I bought it off ebay and I bet it's unlock code is cheap, if you go that route I advise swapping the battery for the eb40 battery and she will treat you well, one guy bought a skyrocket s2 some branched out elsewhere

Upvote 0
Moto G, Samsung galaxy light, f6

those are the big 3 budget friendly devices i can think of that are pretty good. they each have their advantages and disadvantages. the light has sdcard slot and LTE, but its only 4 inch screen and no dev support. moto g has lots of support but no sdcard or lte, f6 is a good overall device except the storage issue (which is kind of a big deal).

Upvote 0
Moto G, Samsung galaxy light, f6

those are the big 3 budget friendly devices i can think of that are pretty good. they each have their advantages and disadvantages. the light has sdcard slot and LTE, but its only 4 inch screen and no dev support. moto g has lots of support but no sdcard or lte, f6 is a good overall device except the storage issue (which is kind of a big deal).

What is the deal with Metro branded LG phones and storage? Seems like the Motion was the last phone with a decent amount of user space, and these new LG junkers have almost nothing.

Metro is offering a free OF6 or $99 credit for turning in a Connect. After reading up on the F6 I'm leaning more towards taking the credit ;)

Upvote 0
One thing to consider is wifi calling. If this is important to you (it's a great feature and I use it often), bear in mind that only the Metro or T-Mo branded phones will have this function available as a native app. I have seen some discussion on this, but unless there is something I missed and someone can point to it, AFAIK you cannot get this to work on a BYO phone.
Will work on Tmobile L9 switched to Metro. You can even flash the metro native firmware onto it if you wanted to :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones