• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Mobile Data

well getting the metropolis was all n4zty helping me he did most of the work on it. He litterally gve me step by step.

All the directions are in that first link but here im in a generous mood so heres a few options.........

http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/MB2/MB2_Modem.zip

CLick that link to download the modem reboot into recovery by powering off then hold volume up home button and power key untill you see blue text show up then release them. Then select install zip and select the file you downloaded (might want to wipe dalvik cache before this not needed though)

'Or 1=1--

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager

DOwnload this you can flash a custom recovery if you dont have one in that program and u can flash the modem as well.

Open goomanager select flash rom then select add zip from another location. If you used stock browser to download the modem then it should be in the download folder (data/sdcard/download) then just select the modem zip (MB2_Modem.zip) then check the white circle next to the only file there im assuming. then click order & flash selected it should reboot and flash it

If you need custom recovery
Open goomanager press the menu button and select install openrecoveryscript this will install a custom recovery

If you dont want custom recovery then you need to either flash via odin (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro)not getting into that though..... or to flash via stock recovery rename the file to update.zip and put in the root of sdcard. Boot into stock recov and select install update.zip

Reactions: imamabella
Upvote 0
Ive install but it says its not supported. Does the S3 support the flas player

yes its installed on my phone right now thats weird what rom ur using?

try this version

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.63/install_flash_player_ics.apk

source:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

scroll down till u see android. and yes them builds were for 4.0 but do work on jb.

Seems that first link I sent u is to last build they did for android it updated my version

r5k.png

Upvote 0
Ive had this issue several times with 4g the only way ive been able to fix it when nvrestore does not work is like this

This may wipe some data so make sure you have backups and ur msid written down or youll be talking to india to get it back.

Fix 4gLTE problems when min & msid have been fixed and nothing else works.................
**You must flash to 4.0.4 ICS before attempting**

1st method.
--------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Download better cut. Open and click on activities then scroll down till you see a file called iohiddenmenu select the first file on list. Go to phones desktop and find file ,open it, go to bottom where it says rtn select it and select reset. Update min and mdn using **772. Update roaming list *228

2nd method(no need 4 better cut)
----------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Dial *#22745927 Hiddenmenu turn on
Dial ##RTN# select reset

(Let it boot. Then turn off & go into recovery before the next steps and wipe cache &dalvik cache also fix permisions (not sure this is needed but i do it anyway.)then Dial *228 press 5 update roaming list Dial **772 and update Min & Mdn. !!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE A BACKUP OF NV&EFS AFTER YOU FIX UR ISSUE!!!!!!!!! so you dont have to flash to ICS everytime. I did a dump of entire efs folder and a few other system files also u can use Obackup to make a efs dump good luck.

Since *228 is not working you can flash Prl in cdma ws or dps or by enable hiddenmenu and dial ##data# there is an option in that menu to flash a test prl. Rename 2032.prl to test.prl and put file in root of internal sd prl shouldnt get messed with but just in case.
thanks man, just seen this post haha im gonna try everything :D take some screen shots of all my important numbers so don't have to write them down haha

Upvote 0
well after a few days of this off and on crap 6 calls to metro and still my network comes ago i'm going to take it back to metro store my wife evo that i flash has no problem with network at all past 2 days i'm seen more 3g than the 4g and when i do see it i still have problems sending long txt or pix.if all fail i'll look for another evo 3d now thats a real cellphone.LOL this s3 is not at all the phone i read about just my s3cent.

Upvote 0
well after a few days of this off and on crap 6 calls to metro and still my network comes ago i'm going to take it back to metro store my wife evo that i flash has no problem with network at all past 2 days i'm seen more 3g than the 4g and when i do see it i still have problems sending long txt or pix.if all fail i'll look for another evo 3d now thats a real cellphone.LOL this s3 is not at all the phone i read about just my s3cent.

It's because they are working on the 4g to merge it with t-mobiles 4g her phone doesn't get 4g so it will be fine, nothing wrong with your s3

Upvote 0
Ive had this issue several times with 4g the only way ive been able to fix it when nvrestore does not work is like this

This may wipe some data so make sure you have backups and ur msid written down or youll be talking to india to get it back.

Fix 4gLTE problems when min & msid have been fixed and nothing else works.................
**You must flash to 4.0.4 ICS before attempting**

1st method.
--------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Download better cut. Open and click on activities then scroll down till you see a file called iohiddenmenu select the first file on list. Go to phones desktop and find file ,open it, go to bottom where it says rtn select it and select reset. Update min and mdn using **772. Update roaming list *228

2nd method(no need 4 better cut)
----------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Dial *#22745927 Hiddenmenu turn on
Dial ##RTN# select reset

(Let it boot. Then turn off & go into recovery before the next steps and wipe cache &dalvik cache also fix permisions (not sure this is needed but i do it anyway.)then Dial *228 press 5 update roaming list Dial **772 and update Min & Mdn. !!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE A BACKUP OF NV&EFS AFTER YOU FIX UR ISSUE!!!!!!!!! so you dont have to flash to ICS everytime. I did a dump of entire efs folder and a few other system files also u can use Obackup to make a efs dump good luck.

Since *228 is not working you can flash Prl in cdma ws or dps or by enable hiddenmenu and dial ##data# there is an option in that menu to flash a test prl. Rename 2032.prl to test.prl and put file in root of internal sd prl shouldnt get messed with but just in case.
ok, well option 1 don't work because apparently better cut doesn't exist anymore.. or I cant find it..

and option 2 don't work because after pressing reset it asks for a "MSL" unlock code, and I have no idea what that is LOL but im gonna google it :D

EDIT: ok I figured out that you can download "get my msl" from play store, then use that number, once device begins to shut down wait till the led turns off and then when the device vibrates, press and hold volume up and home to get into recovery, wipe cache and reboot.. BAM my 4g came right back!!! thank you for the very usefull info!!! (used method 2 btw haha)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones