• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [rom][aokp/4.1.2] 11.3.2012 [unofficial]

You might have got hit by the random radio wipe that a couple people (including me) have experienced. You would have 4G but not be able to call or text, sync contacts or anything. Are you able to call out? Check settings/about phone/status and look at your phone number and min number. If they are messed up you got hit with a radio wipe.

For the record, it's not aokp that causes this. It's been happening when flashing any of the custom roms, and we aren't sure why. It happens at random, and you may or may not have it happen to you. I recommend everyone write their MIN number down. If you have that you can fix it pretty easily. I flash every update of aokp (obviously :p) and it didn't happen to me through 6 flashes, and finally it happened. I hadn't wrote my MIN down so I had to call metro for it.

If anyone needs ANY help with programming ANY metropcs device and Galaxy S3 R530-m pm me. I'm a MetroPCS Rep here in Miami, FL and would be more then glad to help out. I'll post the instructions in a little while when I get to work. No need to call metro and go through the hassle.. I can get your info in a few minutes at the most.

Upvote 0
You might have got hit by the random radio wipe that a couple people (including me) have experienced. You would have 4G but not be able to call or text, sync contacts or anything. Are you able to call out? Check settings/about phone/status and look at your phone number and min number. If they are messed up you got hit with a radio wipe.

For the record, it's not aokp that causes this. It's been happening when flashing any of the custom roms, and we aren't sure why. It happens at random, and you may or may not have it happen to you. I recommend everyone write their MIN number down. If you have that you can fix it pretty easily. I flash every update of aokp (obviously :p) and it didn't happen to me through 6 flashes, and finally it happened. I hadn't wrote my MIN down so I had to call metro for it.

If anyone needs ANY help with programming ANY metropcs device and Galaxy S3 R530-m pm me. I'm a MetroPCS Rep here in Miami, FL and would be more then glad to help out. I'll post the instructions in a little while when I get to work. No need to call metro and go through the hassle.. I can get your info in a few minutes at the most.

Thanks that will be huge thing to have in case things go wrong

Upvote 0
If anyone needs ANY help with programming ANY metropcs device and Galaxy S3 R530-m pm me. I'm a MetroPCS Rep here in Miami, FL and would be more then glad to help out. I'll post the instructions in a little while when I get to work. No need to call metro and go through the hassle.. I can get your info in a few minutes at the most

Thanks for your contributions but i had posted some here http://androidforums.com/5148097-post34.html. Not to rain on your parade or nothing, but being a new guy with 1 post, i doubt any would just give you there info cause of Security reason when they can just call there local store and get there info as well or write down the info in about phone before attempting any. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for your contributions but i had posted some here http://androidforums.com/5148097-post34.html. Not to rain on your parade or nothing, but being a new guy with 1 post, i doubt any would just give you there info cause of Security reason when they can just call there local store and get there info as well or write down the info in about phone before attempting any. :D

lol, yeah I see your point. You have to understand though, I just started today in forums. Since I was trying to root and install a custom rom on my S3(Metro) but have had some shit luck. Maybe someone could help me with this, I'm not new to installing custom roms and what not since I do it on my Galaxy Nexus, but, my S3 is being a little bitch loll, I've installed AOKP and CM10 on here.. and I can't add my contacts, when i sign in to my gmail to get them.. it signs in and then as its about to finish.. it just fails and gives me an error yet my emails still come in. The camera, take 1 picture freezes on me and doesn't allow me to do anything else. Then says cannot connect to camera, does anyone have a good rom recommendation?

Upvote 0
The camera freezing is due to you flashing the wrong gapps. The one you flashed had the jb 4.2 camera, which is missing assets to make it work. You'll need to reflash, and make sure to use a gapps that either does not have the camera apk, or replace the camera apk in your Rom.
As to the contact not syncing issue, try going to settings accounts, and reentering your credentials.

Upvote 0
The camera freezing is due to you flashing the wrong gapps. The one you flashed had the jb 4.2 camera, which is missing assets to make it work. You'll need to reflash, and make sure to use a gapps that either does not have the camera apk, or replace the camera apk in your Rom.
As to the contact not syncing issue, try going to settings accounts, and reentering your credentials.

Hey man, thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping to flash the new 4.2 gapps because I wanted the new keyboard and all the perks. guess, I'll just have to wait it out huh?

Upvote 0

quick question, which custom rom would you suggest?

Upvote 0

hey man, thank you so much. You really helped me out, i was getting a bit pissed here thinking there was something wrong in the roms or my phone. I flashed AOKP and the gapps for it, working perfect now dude. Thanks a trillion!

Upvote 0
Hey guys been using aokp for days now i noticed that after I unplugged from charger it starts dropping fast like from 100% to 96% in like 15 minutes has anyone noticed

Flashed on Friday, battery life is important to me so I checked it out. Unplugged yesterday 11:25a, let it sit, checked at 1:00p and battery said 99%. So far pretty happy with it.

Upvote 0
Flashed on Friday, battery life is important to me so I checked it out. Unplugged yesterday 11:25a, let it sit, checked at 1:00p and battery said 99%. So far pretty happy with it.

Those are great numbers look at mine all under wifi I just lowered my brightness since it was all the way up

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354462431717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354462431717.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Hey guys been using aokp for days now i noticed that after I unplugged from charger it starts dropping fast like from 100% to 96% in like 15 minutes has anyone noticed

I've had that happen at various times with all the roms. Even stock I think. It's rare and doesn't bother me. I haven't been able to nail down a reason so I haven't tried to remedy it yet. Sorry

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Those are great numbers look at mine all under wifi I just lowered my brightness since it was all the way up

Checked again this morning about reading your post, same thing 99% after 1.5hrs. Screen is set at 3/4 bright, using setCPU, profile set at minimum when screen is off and also using Juice Defender Ultimate. I'm new to this so not sure if this is a good set up but seems to be working for me. :D

Upvote 0
Checked again this morning about reading your post, same thing 99% after 1.5hrs. Screen is set at 3/4 bright, using setCPU, profile set at minimum when screen is off and also using Juice Defender Ultimate. I'm new to this so not sure if this is a good set up but seems to be working for me. :D

Looks good to me :cool: if not a bit too cautious.

I unplug my phone at 6 am, use it mildly until my 930 break at work (no ones awake that early for me to talk to so my phone doesn't see much use that early in the day) and I'm usually at around 95 or 96%, settings untouched (clocked @1.5ghz, no jd).

Whatever works for you though :D:thumbup:

Upvote 0
Looks good to me :cool: if not a bit too cautious.

I unplug my phone at 6 am, use it mildly until my 930 break at work (no ones awake that early for me to talk to so my phone doesn't see much use that early in the day) and I'm usually at around 95 or 96%, settings untouched (clocked @1.5ghz, no jd).

Whatever works for you though :D:thumbup:

Yeah maybe to cautious but I'm still messing around with stuff, only had gs3 for less than a week so playing around with what this beast can do. lol! Your #'s look good though.:rock:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones