• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [rom][aokp/4.1.2] 11.3.2012 [unofficial]

What you guys think not bad i guess

;)

screenshot2012120219212.png

Upvote 0
Still learning this stuff so not sure how to do the snap shot of the screen's you guys have above but after viewing mine on my phone states 9h 42m and I'm at 86% battery

If you are using aokp go under settings click on rom control then power options and check screen shot if is not checked then just press the power button and the screen shot options comes and btw amazing battery life are you just not using the phone

Reactions: n4zty
Upvote 0
If you are using aokp go under settings click on rom control then power options and check screen shot if is not checked then just press the power button and the screen shot options comes and btw amazing battery life are you just not using the phone

Thanks for the info...well today just been texts and took several pics of my esteem (trying to sell it) and emailed them. (kids got me throwing xmas lights up):p Yesterday, from my earlier post, unplugged at 11:25a, I was in and out of signal, took several pics, (at xmas party) and at about 9:30p I was at 65%. Probably don't use it right now now as much as others but this is a somewhat normal day for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-02-21-03-23.test.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-02-21-03-23.test.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
The rom has been updated on Goo Manager and in the op. Some things done:
MMS.apk has been changed to the correct one.
S Voice was taken out of the ROM. It was too large and making the rom bloated, if you want S Voice you can download the flashable zip in the op.
I fixed as many bugs as I had time to, based on user feedback.
I added Solid Explorer, a very robust file manager. Some of it's features:
  1. Two independent panels for browsing
  2. Drag and Drop inside and between panels
  3. FTP, SFTP and SMB/CIFS clients
  4. File sharing via FTP
  5. Support for ZIP, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and RAR archives
  6. Creating ZIP and TAR archives
  7. Dropbox and Box.net support
  8. Bookmarks
  9. Root access
  10. Indexed search, also available from the system (this means that you can search for files from the Google Search widget/app)
  11. Detailed file and directory information
You may have to reflash gapps after installing the rom. For some reason I did.
If your MMS and SMS messages are coming in on separate threads, you can fix it by going into the mms app settings and checking, then unchecking group messaging.

Download HERE: 4.1.2 AOKP Build STABLE-12.03.2012

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The rom has been updated on Goo Manager and in the op. Some things done:
MMS.apk has been changed to the correct one.
S Voice was taken out of the ROM. It was too large and making the rom bloated, if you want S Voice you can download the flashable zip in the op.
I fixed as many bugs as I had time to, based on user feedback.
I added Solid Explorer, a very robust file manager. Some of it's features:
  1. Two independent panels for browsing
  2. Drag and Drop inside and between panels
  3. FTP, SFTP and SMB/CIFS clients
  4. File sharing via FTP
  5. Support for ZIP, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and RAR archives
  6. Creating ZIP and TAR archives
  7. Dropbox and Box.net support
  8. Bookmarks
  9. Root access
  10. Indexed search, also available from the system (this means that you can search for files from the Google Search widget/app)
  11. Detailed file and directory information
You may have to reflash gapps after installing the rom. For some reason I did.
If your MMS and SMS messages are coming in on separate threads, you can fix it by going into the mms app settings and checking, then unchecking group messaging.

Download HERE: 4.1.2 AOKP Build STABLE-12.03.2012

I like solid explorer too. Good looks on the update. :thumb:

Upvote 0
I don't know, no one had rebooting issues like you did lol. Give it a whirl, you never know. I fixed as much as I could with the frame I've had lately, albeit they were all very small issues. The rom is stable.
its all good so far i guess last time i had a bad download lol but loveing the rom lol u got me to come from cm10 ha but hey bro i have a question on nfc what is NFC polling mode? and is there a way u could add wifi direct on the rom?

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones