• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [rom][aokp/4.1.2] 11.3.2012 [unofficial]

Just following up on my GVoice misadventures. Regardless of 4G or Wifi, google voice is just not playing nicely. I can't seem to download Google Voice from the Market (or whatever it is called now).

Maybe I should just do a full wipe/reload and see what happens at that point.

That may be the best course of action to take. It's working perfect for me, same build.

Let me know if it still does it after through pm and ill get some specifics from ya.

Reactions: kcallis
Upvote 0
Ok fellas very happy to report thanks to the hard work and dedicated time of chiwen My mms is fixed with aokp :D chiwen never gave up and walk me through it to finally find a fix I'm glad we have a great group of people here that help and care I will show my support to chiwen sorry I'm not able to post the fix myself since it was a long process but chiwen its working on it missed having project butter jelly bean on my phone :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Some users of AOKP have had issues with mms. The biggest mms issue has been receiving mms messages on a separate thread (picture messages received come in on their own thread rather than in the same thread with regular sms messages). That's annoying right?

After playing with this thing for weeks and updating the mms apk on the rom several times to no avail, I've finally fixed it.

First off we need to go back to the mms app that was in the rom in previous builds. It will be put back in for all future updates, but until I update the rom you can use this flashable zip.

http://chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/MmsUpdate.zip

Download the zip, boot into recovery and flash it. You can wipe cache and dalvik if you feel like it ;)

Now, if we don't do anything else, mms and sms messages will still be received on separate threads. We don't want that. Fortunately fixing it is simpler than i thought.

Open the messaging app. Go into settings, check the box for group messaging, then uncheck it. Voila, mms is now fixed. Enjoy.

Thanks to mike28 for testing and confirming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones