1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Tethering Tip using Seamonkey

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firenemesis7, Jul 23, 2013.

1. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Android Enthusiast

If you are having trouble tethering without a tethering plan and are tired of having to switch user agents or can only get mobile websites to load then try this method. So far i have tested this on Mac and Windows and both seem to be working flawless. Download and install the Seamonkey browser. Then open the browser. In the url line type about:config then click the button that says ill be careful i promise. Then in the bar that says search type user. Now find the line that says "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox" click on it to change the toggle from true to false. If everything was done correctly you will now have a fully functioning browser.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Nice find bro. I'm on it.

3. firenemesis7

Let me know how it works for you!

4. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

I haven't been tethering, but was interested in learning about it. It sounds like when you use you phone to tether, the Websites are only loading their mobile version when you tether. Is that what happens? Does it make a difference what method you use to tether?

5. firenemesis7

It does not matter what method you use to tether. The cause of this is metro trying to block tethering unless you have a tethering plan. This is the only way I have found so far to load full websites without any issue.

6. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

works perfectly :)

divagirl, firenemesis7 and mike28 like this.
  7. tiede

tiede Android Expert

I've always been able to just use chrome with the "Ultimate User Agent Switcher, URL Sniffer" extension, and use a custom string...

*cough*use the Ubuntu user agent string hidden down here*cough*
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/28.0.1500.52 Chrome/28.0.1500.52 Safari/537.36

8. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Wow tiede long time no see

9. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Yeah Mike. Life took me away... (New work/different hours)
    I'm trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy, hence my presence here. I figured I better make some time for my peeps here if I can!

flakito97 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews