• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [Toolkit] SkipSoft's S3 Toolkit. ALL in one. (V7.3) UPDATED

Toolkit updated to 7.1

Update through the toolkit.

LINK

Samsung Galaxy S3 Auto Update V7.1.0 [22nd Jan 2013] Available!! | SkipSoft.net

Quote from page

"SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V7.1.0 [22ND JAN 2013] AVAILABLE!!
Changelog:
+Added support for GT-I9300 build XXELLC
+Fixed US variants versions displayed incorrectly in Model Selection screen
+Added GT-I9300 TWRP Recovery 2.3.3.1 image to Toolkit for easy flashing
+Improved CWM NAND Backup script to make it allot more stable and robust
+Added Insecure Kernel detection to sections requiring Insecure Boot Image
+Added ‘Pull Folder’ to ‘Pull Files’ section in Main Menu
+Added ‘Fix Internal Storage Permissions’ to Mods Menu [folder not showing]
+Minor bug fixes and improvements
[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]
Enjoy
smile.gif

Mark."

How easy is it to root with the tool kit? Once your phone is hooked up to your USB and the toolkit is open. You would press 4 or the corresponding number for rooting and hit enter. Takes all of a second or two and it's done. Same goes for a lot of the many options the kit has to offer.

A quick video showing the ease of the kit in action.

How to Root Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich! [GSM/Verizon/Sprint] [Windows] - YouTube

Enjoy :D

Upvote 0
Hey fuzzy, I forgot to give my thanks to you for uploading this. I rooted my GS3 with no problem.

You are welcome sir. If you find that you could use the toolkit a lot, unlock all the features by donating a dollar or two or five. It's well worth it just for the auto update feature. Can't stress enough how much I love this thing. And I thought Android Commander was the best thing since sliced bread. Haha. Boy was I wrong.

Upvote 0
You are welcome sir. If you find that you could use the toolkit a lot, unlock all the features by donating a dollar or two or five. It's well worth it just for the auto update feature. Can't stress enough how much I love this thing. And I thought Android Commander was the best thing since sliced bread. Haha. Boy was I wrong.

I have to donate something when Im able, damn near all my money went to food shopping and buying the S3 :D

Upvote 0
I have to donate something when Im able, damn near all my money went to food shopping and buying the S3 :D

I hear that. I went to Wal Mart today to get stuff for my work week and every damn time I go in there I spend more than I want to. haha. They have to have some subliminal ish set up somewhere that makes you spend more money than you want. haha

Upvote 0
Toolkit has been updated to version 7.3. Auto update through the tool kit to get the latest version.

Change log from Skip Soft's Google+

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V7.3.0 [09TH MAR 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added support for INTERNATIONAL MODEL GSM [GT-I9300] 4.1.2 EMB2 Build
+Added support for INTERNATIONAL MODEL 4G [GT-I9305N] 4.1.2 BMA2 Build
+Added support for CSPIRE MODEL LTE [SCH-L710] 4.1.2 AMB3 Build
+Added support for US SPRINT MODEL LTE [SPH-L710] 4.1.2 BMB1 Build
+Added information to Model Selection options to add 4.1.2 support
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery for all models to latest version [2.4.3.0]
+Updated SuperSU root to latest version [1.25] and built into Toolkit procedures
+Updated several parts of main section to fix bugs and improve code
+Updated firmware download section to add new builds and link to all builds

If you have any confusion over supported builds please read the HELP screen which you can get to from the Model Selection Screen.

To add support for 4.1.2 for your model/build please do the following:
NOTE: Stock boot images are needed to add support to the Toolkit. If you have rooted via custom recovery zip file the boot image will still be stock and fine to use but if you have rooted by flashing an insecure boot image please do not send anything as the file will be incorrect.
1. On the Model Selection screen enter any number for your model
2. In the Main Menu select option 5 and flash TWRP Recovery
3. Reboot to Recovery using the Reboot Device Options section
4. Select 'Backup' from the menu in TWRP Recovery
5. Untick everything except 'Boot' and swipe at the bottom to make a backup
6. Reboot the system back into Android
7. Copy the boot.emmc.win file from sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS to your pc
8. Email the file to firmware.support@skipsoft.net with the full model/build number
Support will then be added and pushed as an update as soon as possible

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download twrp touch from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing samsung_galaxy_s3 and flash it via the Toolkit. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Thread Link: http://goo.gl/9UnLR

Upvote 0
I took the Lil idea about screen DPI from the kit and changed it from 320 to 380 my self in the build. Prop using rom tool box and man I love how the phone looks super sharp looking even the games look better, I love the tool kit cool find:thumbup:

Glad you like it. The toolkit is a must for any first time rooter, unlocker, etc... It's invaluable.

I'll be swapping out Toolkit versions to the Nexus 4 version once my N4 arrives :D

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
I used this to root my 4.1.2 and it locked up trying to install supersu. Had to restart root process and it worked. When it rebooted it left the screen black. Nothing worked. Booted into recovery and installed carbon rom. Followed instructions exactly on install, back working great.. Don't know why it went black tho......

Upvote 0
I used this to root my 4.1.2 and it locked up trying to install supersu. Had to restart root process and it worked. When it rebooted it left the screen black. Nothing worked. Booted into recovery and installed carbon rom. Followed instructions exactly on install, back working great.. Don't know why it went black tho......

Never heard of a single issue caused by the actual tool kit. User inflicted issues is a different story.......

At least you got it working. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones