• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS Email feature question???

I think I might be going with Metro PCS for my phone. I have a question, the main difference I see and care about between the 4G $40 and $50 plan is the "Unlimited Email Access" feature. It's on the $50 but not the $40. So If I get the $40 plan, how does my Email work? Do I get charged for every Email or something???

I think I might be going with Metro PCS for my phone. I have a question, the main difference I see and care about between the 4G $40 and $50 plan is the "Unlimited Email Access" feature. It's on the $50 but not the $40. So If I get the $40 plan, how does my Email work? Do I get charged for every Email or something???

I think, but don't know for sure, that is talking about using the MetroPCS email, and not Gmail.

Upvote 0
Oh ok, so if I get the $40 plan I can still have my Live/Hotmail attached to the phone and get my Email's?

I really don't think you'd have a problem on either plan, getting your gmail, hot mail, yahoo, or what ever email you use. I was looking at the Metro website and it looks like it only applies if you use their mail@metro feature. If you don't touch it, you won't have anything to worry about.

Upvote 0
I really don't think you'd have a problem on either plan, getting your gmail, hot mail, yahoo, or what ever email you use. I was looking at the Metro website and it looks like it only applies if you use their mail@metro feature. If you don't touch it, you won't have anything to worry about.

See that is what I thought but when I went into the feature to read more into it, it was talking about other email accounts too within mail@metro like yahoo, live, ect. So it confused me..

mail@metro from MetroPCS checks your email

View that link. It shows you use your email accounts with mail@metro. Now this is going to be my FIRST android phone so Idk if I can still get my Live email WITHOUT this mail@metro feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones