• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] no boot....

Where did you get this and who told you to do that? Is this anything you tried before?
How long have you had your phone?
Do you get to any screen?
Are you rooted, any recovery, USB debugging enabled, Back up? Master reset? Let the monkeys loose in the system files to search for bananas?
Just trying to get some needed info for others to see, and try to help. The more info, the quicker they can help. I can unbricked with kdz, but most can too. Your problem seems a Lil more severe.

Upvote 0
only had the phone"lgms500" a couple days. rooted (saferoot method) and flashed freedom kernel without a hitch. came across a tut for flashing an unlocked bootloader. thats when i lost any and all function. no boot loop, recovery, or download mode. "qhsusb_dload" ???

Unlocking a boot loader isn't that easy, i wish i can help

Upvote 0
If your phone powers on and goes to the LG screen. Hook it up to your PC and use the LG Mobile Support Tool to reflash your phone back to stock. I did this 3 times the other day. Here go to my thread. I listed download locations for both E and I firmware stock roms.

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f6/833575-have-you-bricked-your-f6-check-might-work-you-too.html

Don't know if any of that will help.

I just spent 30 mins reading about this issue on the Optimus G and a couple other HTC Devices. From what I gather your phone.... is dead. If it's still under warranty take it back and get another one. Not like they can tell you did anything to the phone.. It's dead.

There is a method that can be used using some P.r.o.fessional hardware by opening up the back of the phone but that's a Pro method. That is if you didn't burn the motherboard.

Upvote 0
And no, it does not power on at all

1. Theres no boot loader unlock for our device
2. theres no need to unlock the bootloader at the current time
3. how did you flash, and what did you flash?
i suspect you flashed another devices aboot partition, which means it would more than likely be powering on but, it does not have the screen that the devices thinks it has, if that makes since. (theres just no display) you are more than likely ****** unless you can manage to somehow flash your bootloader back. (jtag, nand, etc)

Upvote 0
Well I did successfully root and flash freedom kernel. But than made the mistake (after having a few drinks) of attempting to flash that unlocked boot loader. Unfortunately I don't remember the program I used at the moment. Have to get home on my computer. As soon as I hit the continue button to flash the phone it turned off and never turned back on. I do however get a red or green flashing light from it after plugging it in to wall charger.

Upvote 0
I haven't figured out why it happened to me, but while flashing the freedom kernal, my phone did that exact same thing. Plug into USB and see if LGMobile Support Tool detects it. If it does, click the OPTIONS button near top right and click UPDATE RECOVERY. I hope this works for you.

When I did it, I was able to get into download mode, but the Support Tool detected it even when it wasn't in download mode. I held the volume buttom (+ iirc), and plugged into USB. Took like 8 tries of removing battery before download mode popped up. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
In most cases when you screw up the bootloader aka aboot.img the phone becomes an instant paper weight and non recoverable. There is no universal way of unlocking the bl on LG phones and it's also rare to see an LG with a bl unlock. The bootloader's job is to execute the recovery/download mode or kernel upon bootup. Then the kernel takes over and runs the android OS.

If nothing ends up working for you and have warranty you might have to send it in. Just tell them that you ran out of battery completely and the phone shut off and now doesn't turn back on even after charging. Another solution would be to find a jtag service (just google jtag).

Good luck

Upvote 0
So what's the whole deal with the QPST tool? lots of options to flash boot flash the system software stuff like that. Hex files, mbn files, what is all that. How do I deal with all that? I felt like I've gotten a couple steps further each time I tried the Q PST tool but I keep hitting brick walls. I most likely just getting a little too far ahead of myself and overlooking steps. whatever I'm doing I'm doing something wrong need a little first and help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones