• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

UPDATE
Here i hhave the above kernel with sysinit, init.d support and the gms fix in the zip.. enjoy
My F6 has the trouble-free camera that works with all of these ROMS. If I flash this new kernel for OV5693 cam support will that mess things up?
I would only want to flash this for the gms fix..but since I've already manually fixed it I don't really need to flash this. Just curious more than anything.

Upvote 0
Hey Dm. Can we have a Supercharged ov5693 support kernel With Flash Light / Torch Working? Will be that possible?
Thats my goal.. Just a lot of prep work to get it ready.. I have to use the jellybean camera hal. Which it will work for all the cameras. But I have to set up legacy ion and recompile the rom with old ion support and all that good stuff.. But to make it simple...yes everything should work fine once its done

Upvote 0
My F6 has the trouble-free camera that works with all of these ROMS. If I flash this new kernel for OV5693 cam support will that mess things up?
I would only want to flash this for the gms fix..but since I've already manually fixed it I don't really need to flash this. Just curious more than anything.

No it shouldn't mess anything up..iam running it myself and have the same camera as you. Make sure you wipe the caches though

Upvote 0
Hello, I want to install this rom but I want to know what the biggest problem so you know before installing. I hope and continue to support.
Vibration was causing random reboots and it has been disabled in this version of the ROM until a proper fix is found. If you have a newer f6 that came with the 12b firmware then you might also have issues with the main camera and led flash not working. I am not sure about this because my f6 has the camera that works fine.

Reactions: Dileivi
Upvote 0
I have a problem. The led home button light works with this rom but it's always on. While the phone screen is turned on my home led is still on. This causes my phone to get really hot and I don't know how to turn it off while the screen is on. Does anybody know how to solve this or how to turn off my home button led completely?
Iam guessing you have a stuck notification somewhere that's keeping it flashing

Upvote 0
@Dm47021 Hey... Bro... How can I disable the ap2sd in kernel or can u disable it CU's is causing commotions its has been giving me app errors on receiving_call logs I reformatted my SD, xt.SD, ROM from the ground, I know its the kernel CU's when I use the scf60_intelli it doesn't get me does errors. But I have issues with blutht

Edit::::: Sorry bro... Everything is good I flashed 2 kernels one on top of the other without wiping.. So I poop on my self.... Then I flash old carbon I had here that it was a theme... Made it even worst...
So I started from scratch... All good now...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys - I have an issue right now I have not seen before. I have the working camera version FYI.
I loaded up the ROM from the first post, added Gapps from CM, and then wiped data/cache/dalvik cache and then flashed Supercharged kernel with the gms fix from post #1044. I am unable to run several apps for very long - most notable are any apps using the SD card. The camera for instance will open, and possibly take a picture, but then the phone crashes and comes up with a black screen and a kernel dump (I think?) along with some lines about how to get a RAM dump using a "QCT" app.
The other unusual and possibly related item? If I put the SD card in my PC - I see 20-30 directories named "LOST.DIR*&^#^%" etc all with different characters at the end. Same goes for the "DCIM(*&^(@^%$" directory. I repartitioned and reformatted using my linux box but still get the same thing. Each reboot maakes more and more of these directories.
The only other thing I just thought of - is that kernel from #1044 ONLY for the new camera? Maybe I should be using one of the others? I just used this one for the gms, init.d, and bluetooth fix.

Last - I get the same issue regardless of which governor I use.

Not sure what other info would help?

Upvote 0
Hi guys - I have an issue right now I have not seen before. I have the working camera version FYI.
I loaded up the ROM from the first post, added Gapps from CM, and then wiped data/cache/dalvik cache and then flashed Supercharged kernel with the gms fix from post #1044. I am unable to run several apps for very long - most notable are any apps using the SD card. The camera for instance will open, and possibly take a picture, but then the phone crashes and comes up with a black screen and a kernel dump (I think?) along with some lines about how to get a RAM dump using a "QCT" app.
The other unusual and possibly related item? If I put the SD card in my PC - I see 20-30 directories named "LOST.DIR*&^#^%" etc all with different characters at the end. Same goes for the "DCIM(*&^(@^%$" directory. I repartitioned and reformatted using my linux box but still get the same thing. Each reboot maakes more and more of these directories.
The only other thing I just thought of - is that kernel from #1044 ONLY for the new camera? Maybe I should be using one of the others? I just used this one for the gms, init.d, and bluetooth fix.

Last - I get the same issue regardless of which governor I use.

Not sure what other info would help?
U need to start over. Boot in to recovery ... Leave it runing
Take out ur sd format it with pc tools as fat32 make sure it set as primary not logical.
Copy the files u are gonna use for flashing...

1* wipe factory reset
2* wipe data, cache, dalvik, system, internal storage data.
3* flash rom
3* flash gaaps
4* Reboot let rom setup ( You have to set it up completely)
5* Then u reboot into recovery
6* flash kernel reboot system ( Superhcharged-A1b2.intelliplug-1.8ghz.zip )

***optional ***
Then flash sdhack (Data on Sd by WarrantyVoider if you are intereated) use the guide for that... its necessary

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Will try again this afternoon... Thank you! The part I didn't do is Format SD card before starting everything, I did that after I saw the filename issue.

U need to start over. Boot in to recovery ... Leave it runing
Take out ur sd format it with pc tools as fat32
Copy the files u are gonna use for flashing...

1* wipe factory reset
2* wipe data, cache, dalvik, system, internal storage data.
3* flash rom
3* flash gaaps
4* Reboot let rom setup
5* Then u reboot into recovery
6* flash kernel reboot system ( Superhcharged-A1b2.intelliplug-1.8ghz.zip )

***optional ***
Then flash sdhack (Data on Sd by WarrantyVoider if you are intereated) use the guide for that... its necessary

Upvote 0
Will try again this afternoon... Thank you! The part I didn't do is Format SD card before starting everything, I did that after I saw the filename issue.
I had does same issues when i flased everything on top of each other without setting rom
Then i reformated sd and broke sd alignment ... So i had to started from beginning... Just so u knw DO NOT PARTITION or FORMAT UR SD WITH TWRP IT WOULD NOT ALIGNED CORRECTLY.

Reactions: joshjn
Upvote 0
No go... but I narrowed it down and can reproduce every time. If I install the ROM ferom the initial post and gapps - works fine. I reboot, set up the ROM - works fine. I set the camera app to save to SD card - works fine. But if I reboot, install the Supercharged kernel (any of them) and then reboot and try to run camera with save to SD card, it creates a DCIM)&#^$ folder which causes problems. Same with LOST.DIR.

I have tried 3 supercharged kernels, wiping dalvik and cache before, after, befoer and after, and not at all, and it happens each time.

This is WITHOUT even getting to the SD card swap scripts, or installing any new apps. Only what is in gapps and ROM and kernel downloads.

I would just stick with the initial ROM but I really need bluetooth.

Edit to add - I went out this evening and picked up a 16G class 10 SanDisk and it is doing the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No go... but I narrowed it down and can reproduce every time. If I install the ROM ferom the initial post and gapps - works fine. I reboot, set up the ROM - works fine. I set the camera app to save to SD card - works fine. But if I reboot, install the Supercharged kernel (any of them) and then reboot and try to run camera with save to SD card, it creates a DCIM)&#^$ folder which causes problems. Same with LOST.DIR.

I have tried 3 supercharged kernels, wiping dalvik and cache before, after, befoer and after, and not at all, and it happens each time.

This is WITHOUT even getting to the SD card swap scripts, or installing any new apps. Only what is in gapps and ROM and kernel downloads.

I would just stick with the initial ROM but I really need bluetooth.

Edit to add - I went out this evening and picked up a 16G class 10 SanDisk and it is doing the exact same thing.
I see... I tried... And you are correct... You can still use first rom with the Bluetooth sleep kernel fixed its some were few post back... Its app2sd stuff DM integrated in.
If you have first built here its the bluesleepfixed kernel http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6952508 you would have to do all the process to eliminate the ramdom reboots (setting CPUs min to 597 max all the way up and shutdown crt)

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjn
Upvote 0
scf67-btsleep.zipzip is doing it too. Must just be user error on my part.
No its definitely the Rom... It does not do it with the first one... I just tried.. It out... With old rom n new kernel n its fine...
We would have to wait for DM get a chance to correct the issues... Its that apps2sd stuff that vwas implemented.

Upvote 0
Guys I figured out how to get the ov5693 camera to work on DM's newest kernel in the comments. I was trying for the longest time to use the google camera app but it wasn't working. I just downloaded cameraMX and both the front and back camera, including video recording works!

Edit: Turns out what I had to do was flash hroark's camfix kernel first, and flash DM's new ov5693 support kernel over that.

Edit 2: I might work on writing a guide for ov5693 camera users who want vibration + overclock kernel + hroark's camfix

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dont really need to use an app to run init.d tho.. kernel / rom will support it natively..

i will be incorperating this into my kernel zips...

UPDATE
Here i hhave the above kernel with sysinit, init.d support and the gms fix in the zip.. enjoy
Just out of curiosity have you tried underclocking the processor like GameTheory did with freedom kernel? Or would that even make much of a difference in terms of battery life?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones