• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

As for me... Even though I love my f6 I'm doing a run test on a LG.Stylo it has root but no dev specs wise has great stuff in... If I upgrade I will go for that stylo cus its still in the LG fam... Which I love... I still gotta send some $$$ I promised to DM for his work it soones I get back to US... I will still b around for any help yà need.

Upvote 0
For anyone else experiencing rapid battery drain due to Google Play Services, I found a fix by following this guide. I had to follow method 2. I manually created the folder "init.d" and placed the script in it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/script-google-play-services-battery-t3059585

That fix is the same fix implemented by kernel with the GSM fix (can use kernel for both version of phone):

http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-f6-lots-of-fixes.880135/page-42#post-6962803

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: MaxGrit
Upvote 0
We recommend "fauxclock" . . . to setup ur CPUs

I like fauxclock, easy to setup. Remember that in SuperSU you need to select the option "enable su during boot" for load on boot to work. SuperSU also appears to be faster after I converted it to a system app (likely due to slightly slower speed of SD hack).

Also, keep in mind that maximum OC settings might not be optimal for your phone's hardware. I had significant lag when using max OC speeds for CPU and GPU.

There were noticeable lag due to GPU OC. My GPU couldn't handle the 450Mhz OC at all; the phone had major stuttering and lag and it was very obvious. The fix was to backdown on the OC for the GPU. My phone instantly became a lot more responsive after backing down on the GPU OC. A lot faster compared to max OC settings.

Edit: Did some rounds of benching @ CPU 1800Mhz, seems stable. Got a bit higher score than @ 1700Mhz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Do you have the SD.back installed? If so... You need to uninstall it then install xpose then install the SD.hack
Yes I do. That explains a LOT. Next question, on this latest release I still have extremely low in call volume. Can I tweak to increase this any? I know the op said there was a volume increase in this build, but its not working for me. I did change the mic setting in build.prop to analog from digital to get rid of the call echo.

Upvote 0
Ok... Good...
Well for the vol issues if you did the build.prop tweaks go to the dialer app go to settings and uncheck the voice quality sh*t something like that... Then go to the settings volume steps n set it on 45 or 60 (all) that should fix echo stuff... Another thing make sure you install rom + gapps, reboot... Set up device then reboot in rec then flash kernels ( the camfix and oc...

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem I've never had before. No matter what I do or what usb drivers I install on windows 8.1, running this rom with the overclock kernel, my pc will not recognize my phone as a media device. The phone says "connected as a media device/usb debugging enabled" yet it shows up nowhere on my pc. I've gone in to device manager and uninstalled any preinstalled usb drivers, reinstalled LG's united mobile usb driver for this phone, reconnected, still nothing. I never used to even need usb drivers to connect this phone to my pc. Yet now it doesn't work for whatever reason...

Edit: Nvm fixed it by unchecking 'connect as media device MTP' and checking it again while the phone was plugged in to the computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Ok... Good...
Well for the vol issues if you did the build.prop tweaks go to the dialer app go to settings and uncheck the voice quality sh*t something like that... Then go to the settings volume steps n set it on 45 or 60 (all) that should fix echo stuff... Another thing make sure you install rom + gapps, reboot... Set up device then reboot in rec then flash kernels ( the camfix and oc...
Which kernal is needed? I have no camera issues. Also, do you have a round about page for build prop tweaks? What gapps is the more reliable? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Is there a newer gapps for this rom, than 060614?
Which kernal is needed? I have no camera issues. Also, do you have a round about page for build prop tweaks? What gapps is the more reliable? Thanks in advance.
Well you can use any kernel you want if you have a support.cam.phone n not the ov one.... Just so you knw the las oc kernel does not work good with that sd.hack i use it cus i found out that by installing apps that need system biding... N are not sd.movable (swap) support. w
What i did was that i clean up rom... Installed those apps with out sd.hack then i did the sd.hack so i won't get app.data broken....
For gaaps I have always used pa.gaaps4.4.4 micro... All i nees is the phonesky.app (playstore)... Because ones u install gaaps they'll update by default making storage get small.. Its no actual new gaaps they go by versions ( JB4.0.1-4.2, KK 4.3.0-4.4.4, LL 5.01-5.02=lates, M ??? )
for vol+ tweaks an other tweaks it soonest i get to US i will PM you with'em

Reactions: Flablitz
Upvote 0
OK I just went into settings to get an idea what u mean I see vpn setup but I'm on xperion ROM and when I wipe it to flash carbon how do I get past WiFi network setup into system just decline any network or WiFi at first and can u bypass all the this to get into system? Last question sorry bud but if that's all a yes then what I can just out metroPCS in manually and network pops up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones