• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
On July 17th I updated my Droi Maxx to Android V. 4.4.4. Ever since then my Google Now has gone insane. I'm also having microphone issues. I try using my voice recorder or soundhound and I get an error that the microphone is either in use or locked by another app. I've restarted the phone numerous times which will get soundhound working, but I have yet to get the voice recorder to work.

Also, when I'm in drive mode and a text comes in, Google Now announces the text but then immediately says it can understand me, and let's talk later. It completely freaks out. I don't use these apps a lot, but it's really annoying when I want to use them.

I've even uninstalled the voice recorder and tried installing it or different ones and get the same issue. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones