• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MidnightRom: Jellybean [MOVED]

Has anyone else had internal storage issues? I've been running 1.0.3 since its release, and didn't have any major problems until this morning. The internal storage was completely full, and apps were constantly breaking. The last app that I downloaded was Swype, and that was last night. Going through the list of apps, nothing is consuming a large amount of internal storage, and I only have about 10 (downloaded). Either something is leaking into a place where it shouldn't, or the internal storage is not being counted correctly. I may have uninstalled the problem app, because at first, the free internal storage would not increase when I uninstalled a couple apps, but now I seem to be at a safe 36MB after moving all of the moveable apps to the SD card. The largest internal app is Facebook, at 35MB. Any advice would be great, I'm sure that doing a clean wipe and installing the latest rom is sure to fix the problem, but I'd like to figure out where the problem originated from.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else had internal storage issues? I've been running 1.0.3 since its release, and didn't have any major problems until this morning. The internal storage was completely full, and apps were constantly breaking. The last app that I downloaded was Swype, and that was last night. Going through the list of apps, nothing is consuming a large amount of internal storage, and I only have about 10 (downloaded). Either something is leaking into a place where it shouldn't, or the internal storage is not being counted correctly. I may have uninstalled the problem app, because at first, the free internal storage would not increase when I uninstalled a couple apps, but now I seem to be at a safe 36MB after moving all of the moveable apps to the SD card. The largest internal app is Facebook, at 35MB. Any advice would be great, I'm sure that doing a clean wipe and installing the latest rom is sure to fix the problem, but I'd like to figure out where the problem originated from.

It's probably the 4G/Wimax logs, follow Ramjet's advice in this thread: http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/676684-cm10-running-out-free-space.html

Reactions: schooley
Upvote 0
I'm sure you're right! I also tried enabling 4g last night and it just got stuck on turning on..., and I ended up having to do a battery pull since restarting just froze it. I just checked, and it still says enabling, but it probably stopped making logs since I am on airplane mode + WIFI at school. Thanks for the help!!!

Edit: Just freed up 830 MB of WiMAX logs ;)

Upvote 0
well, I notice Music Play the album art looks gray like corrupt not for every mp3 but when I check on my other phone they are fine, and windows. look fine other MidnightRom. Sorry i'm album art addict lol

also I notice if you set your security to PIN takes over the lockscreen unonce you put in the pin dump back into home, not like ICS you select w.e shortcut than enter the pin than dump you into home, or am I missing something? other than that rom runs pretty good so far, thank you so much for making this JB rom for us.

Upvote 0
Reactions: evankayeotis
Upvote 0
I just started using intellidemand. My phone seems very smooth now. I'll report on battery life later today. I use my phone moderately, a little gaming, a little browsing, and a little texting. Expect a report around 4 or 5.

Are you using the same gov. on both cores?

Alright so my report:

First, Info:
- Same governor on both cores (intellidemand)
- Linked Cores
- min 192Mhz
- max 1512Mhz
- 2nd Core disabled when screen is off
- Screen time on: 1 Hour 20 Minutes

Battery Life: So in the past 8 hours I've used around 60% battery. Before using intellidemand, I would use 80-90% with lagfree. That's a big difference. I will test the next few days as well, but I think the correlation is too big for it to only be a coincidence. I used my phone around the same amount I do every other day.

Performance: Noticeably better performance then lagfree. Since lagfree uses stepping my phone always starts up slow, which can sometimes make it really painful to use. The stepping is faster and much larger with intellidemand, since it goes by gpu use, not cpu use. Games don't stutter anymore, though my phone gets a little hotter then usual. Its 15*F outside so I'm not complaining.

Overall if you are a moderate phone user who only expects his phone to last 9-12 hours then intellidemand is pretty awesome.

I'll try it for the next few days and report back again. From what I'm seeing today alone though its much better for me then lagfree.

Reactions: miked6875
Upvote 0
Alright so my report:

First, Info:
- Same governor on both cores (intellidemand)
- Linked Cores
- min 192Mhz
- max 1512Mhz
- 2nd Core disabled when screen is off
- Screen time on: 1 Hour 20 Minutes

Battery Life: So in the past 8 hours I've used around 60% battery. Before using intellidemand, I would use 80-90% with lagfree. That's a big difference. I will test the next few days as well, but I think the correlation is too big for it to only be a coincidence. I used my phone around the same amount I do every other day.

Performance: Noticeably better performance then lagfree. Since lagfree uses stepping my phone always starts up slow, which can sometimes make it really painful to use. The stepping is faster and much larger with intellidemand, since it goes by gpu use, not cpu use. Games don't stutter anymore, though my phone gets a little hotter then usual. Its 15*F outside so I'm not complaining.

Overall if you are a moderate phone user who only expects his phone to last 9-12 hours then intellidemand is pretty awesome.

I'll try it for the next few days and report back again. From what I'm seeing today alone though its much better for me then lagfree.

I'm in rom control from performance. How do I link the cores, and disable 2nd core when screen is off?? In rom control, it only gives one option for governor, does this control both cores?? Linking the cores, and diabling the 2nd core, do I do this in another area??

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...thread-virgin-mobile-htc-evo-v-4g-aka-3d.html

Try the method here. Go into bootloader after getting the radio/hboot/etc file and flash it in bootloader. See if it helps at all.

Alternatively, you could try fastbooting the recovery.img if you wanted to.

I have done that before but tried it again and changed my hboot back to 1.50 and still no touch screen. I turn it on regularly and cant slide to unlock. My volume buttons and power buttons still work fine but touch screen has no response. If I lock it the capacative buttons remain lit but have no hap-tic feedback with the screen on or off. What do I do? I even tried flashing TWRP recovery which I still have installed but still nothing. I can't touch the screen to even try another rom. Any suggestions? Replace the screen if we ruled all software out? I was using it one second and hit lock. The next i pick it up and no touch screen response. It doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions to help me? Any one heard of this before?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I'm in rom control from performance. How do I link the cores, and disable 2nd core when screen is off?? In rom control, it only gives one option for governor, does this control both cores?? Linking the cores, and diabling the 2nd core, do I do this in another area??

You need to use the pre installed app called kernal tuner to apply the settings he has.

Upvote 0

Use the app Kernel Tuner to change the settings. 2nd core disabling on screenoff is on by default, so don't worry about that.

Upvote 0
Ugh. So. Update.

My computer is fried. The mobo has completely given out.... ANNNNNDDDDD I currently have no money to replace it T.T (I do have everyone's donated money still, but not nearly enough)

Soooooooo yeah... Might be a while until the next update :-\ sorry guys

Damn :\

Oh well, shit happens. I hope you get your computer fixed. I'd throw you a few dollars but I'm broke right now as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones