• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mirror App Work Around

I found a way to access the mirror app. I was testing out some of the car home panels for my new dock. I was trying out the car home app called Custom Car Home and trying to set it up and what not before I tested it out with the dock. There is a way to put different apps/shortcuts that you want when you are in car mode. I clicked on add an app and a list of apps popped up. Under that list is the HTC Mirror App we have all been missing. I couldn't believe it was there! I decided to click on it. It added it to the home page of the car app and I clicked on it and it went to mirror mode.

2012-05-28_19-03-55.png

2012-05-28_19-04-18.png

2012-05-28_19-04-26.png

2012-05-28_19-05-04.png

The bad news is I haven't figured out how to access the mirror app without having to go through the car app. If anyone can help me figure it out it would be greatly appreciated. I really miss having access to this app and don't want to download one from the play store. I took a screen shot of my recent apps to show that I was able to use it. I tried searching through apps, using astro and google search to try and see if I can locate the file manually but I had no luck. The only other option would be besides going through the car app is to try and leave it open in recent apps and access Mirror app from there.

2012-05-28_18-47-45.png

yes it works i just tried it.

use your google search tool and type in mirror. i just did it... i will post a screen shot...

Thanks for your quick reply!!

for some reason when I type mirror in search it doesn't come up.

2012-05-29_01-47-56.png

Not sure why it's not showing up on my phone. really weird.
Is there something I need to do in settings of the search to be able to find it?

Upvote 0
im not sure if i did anything different. as mentioned earlier, this was accomplished on the EVO 3D.

i have an htc hub account and im signed in to it..

when you go to the google search box, click the vertical dots to access settings then "searchable items". see what you have checked there. that tells the device what to searh when you are typing in queries..

Upvote 0
If there apps like Mirror on your phone but not in your app drawer then you might use this method to place shortcuts of these "hidden" apps on your home screen.
You should have installed a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer on your phone.

1. Launch ES File Explorer
2. Run AppMgr
3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"
4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

(Source: Sprint Community)

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones