• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui Roms...... any good??

zig1

Feb 24, 2011
Having only rooted recently and currently using leedroid I am doing a lot of reading about different Roms to see what I'd prefer. I know well its a personal choice and each to their own but what is the feeling about miui Roms. Are the stable, quick, easy to use, etc etc?? At the minute I'm thinking of Insertcoin.... seems to be getting good reviews or maybe gingervillain...
I know some might say to flash these roms and try them out..... but on other hand why not just ask the experts for their advice and much loved advice!!!

Thanks for any input....

Once you've swapped ROMs a few times it's very easy, so it's not a big deal to try something different.

Only advice I'd give is to give a new ROM a little time. You'll notice the things that it doesn't do, or doesn't do the way you expect, very quickly, but it may take longer to appreciate the things that it does do better, so first impression is not necessarily the final answer.

Reactions: zig1
Upvote 0
CM7RC has a lot of lag on the lock screen and you also have to wait an eternity for the camera to load up. GM on the other hand is killing my battery, and doesn't get on with my .14 ril very well, GSM signal is very down by CM standards.

As I type tho I'm thinkin the lag might be down to the vorkkernel.

You have gone to a whole different level than I could even dream to understand!! New to all this but studying hard!!

Upvote 0
CM7RC has a lot of lag on the lock screen and you also have to wait an eternity for the camera to load up. GM on the other hand is killing my battery, and doesn't get on with my .14 ril very well, GSM signal is very down by CM standards.

As I type tho I'm thinkin the lag might be down to the vorkkernel.

im confident that together, we can break this curse

Upvote 0
I started with Leedroid because I was not aware how non sense ROM will be. Leedroid was great but nothing special just little faster ROM.

After that I tried Insertcoin to have Sense HD exp. It got some great settings and good HTC support than normal Sense but didnt like the performance,

So finally I planned to move away from Sense and decided on CM7RC2 but it lacked A2SD+ support so I recently flashed Gingervillain 1.4 with Go launcher and just loving it now.

Upvote 0
My 2p here:

Going on 'stock' Android I'd say the MoDaCo 2.3.3 ROM is awesome - best of the one's I've used personally

MIUI is also great, really like it and once the 2.3 versions come out (apparently today) then I'll try it again

Sense is where I'm at the moment, using my own ROM that I've built and it does exactly what I want it to

It's best to try them all yourself so you can come to your own decision - have fun and give them a good run before forming an opinion on a ROM. they might not seem great at first but allow them to bed in.

I'd be tempted to move to stock Android if I could get the Sense live wallpaper working but it keeps crashing - surely it doesn't need Sense as it's just a wallpaper??

Upvote 0
I've tried MIUI-AU Rom and in general I liked it. The performance was good and the interface was well designed. There were still some Chinese characters here and there, but there are patches to fix those (like in Messaging). The lock screen was less responsive though, and I had some bluetooth issues.

However, I couldn't feel 100% happy with MIUI UI. I changed back to GV and I'm very happy with it. The performance of GV is even better than MIUI (but that could be Android v2.3 vs v2.2 matter), and I like the clean GV UI. Besides, MIUI is like Sense: a heavily customized UI over the vanilla Android, and I prefer "lean and mean" software in my phone. :)

Upvote 0
I've tried MIUI-AU Rom and in general I liked it. The performance was good and the interface was well designed. There were still some Chinese characters here and there, but there are patches to fix those (like in Messaging). The lock screen was less responsive though, and I had some bluetooth issues.

However, I couldn't feel 100% happy with MIUI UI. I changed back to GV and I'm very happy with it. The performance of GV is even better than MIUI (but that could be Android v2.3 vs v2.2 matter), and I like the clean GV UI. Besides, MIUI is like Sense: a heavily customized UI over the vanilla Android, and I prefer "lean and mean" software in my phone. :)

Try Eeveks eMIUI its hardcoded in english. Believe me youll be hard pressed to see any chinese characters on his rom! Ive onlly noticed them in the "MIUI network" which is a chinese app other than that its all english! Ive been using it for 2 months now and its still stable as a mother trucker!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones