• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui Roms...... any good??

Try Eeveks eMIUI its hardcoded in english. Believe me youll be hard pressed to see any chinese characters on his rom! Ive onlly noticed them in the "MIUI network" which is a chinese app other than that its all english! Ive been using it for 2 months now and its still stable as a mother trucker!!!
Well, MIUI-AU is like 99% English, so a few Chinese characters didn't cause trouble at all. I wasn't comfortable with the iphone-ish menu style and the lack of the good apps launcher.
Let's see how the new MIUI ROMs will perform, when they are based on OS v2.3.

Upvote 0
I was tempted to try it, but having got my phone set up the way I like it and all my software installed and running I'm not going to bother. It looks very good but I'm happy with the Rom I am running. Very fast without the clutter of sense.

Final thought - search for the various roms on YouTube and watch the reviews. Whilst not as good as trying them for yourself, it can give you a taste of what each one offers.

Reactions: zig1
Upvote 0
Having just rooted, I must admit MIUI is what appeals to me most.

However, the MIUI-Au for HTC Desire site mentions the need for a specific radio and the need to partition the sd card.

So I'm guessing it may not be the best ROM to go with first... Any other people with little experience managed the jump successfully?
I've tried that ROM, without changing the radio. No problems at all.
The SD card partitioning is only necessary if you want to take advantage of extended internal storage (A2SD+).

MIUI-AU is quite a different ROM that suddenly gives you the feeling that you are holding a different phone in your hands. It is just a matter of taste: some like it, some not.

Upvote 0
Using the AU-MIUI Rom for a week now!
First ROM for me and I switched from Froyo!
Have to say I am impressed! It is fast, indeed a bit Apple like but I am not an apple hater:) I like the way it is integrated, android/apple comes together! And I impressed a ton of friends with an expensive Iphone hehe;)

Noticed that it is also faster for some applications, and some functions does make sense, and I was missing that on Froyo for instance.

Although the Gingerbread version is a lot-a-like from reading about it (Notifcation bar update HELL YEAH!) So gonna wait and see .. but sticking to miui for a while now!

Upvote 0
Having just started using it I am fairly impressed.

UI is nice and clean and I prefer not having the app drawer to be honest.

N64oid runs much better on it and I can Ocarina of Time no problem on my phone!

But the internet is noticeably slower and for that reason alone I don't think i'll be keeping it. (I never updated my Radio, could this be the cause for the internet speed or is does everyone experience this after moving from Sense/Froyo?)

Upvote 0
Hi , ive had my desire for 10 months.. Just rooted this week using unrevoked method and installed the MIUI-Au rom. Loving this ROM, But only issue is battery life.. draining much quicker.
I have autosync off, but apps like facebook, weather and news seem to be updating themselves even though I have set these apps not to refresh automaically.

Also agree with Gizzelle , that internet is much slower.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones