• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI - Working Data & SMS. . .

WormDoes

Android Expert
Aug 8, 2010
Massachusetts
Data and SMS are now working. The only bugs left are MMS doesn't work in the stock messaging app (3rd party works) and the 4G icon only displays a "G"

Everyone should thank Erishasnobattery and DroidVicious for this monumental achievement. From what I've heard, it was Eris who finally got data working

The working version hasn't been uploaded yet, but word is that it will be released tonight. Make sure to follow THIS thread if you're interested

This is a big day for MIUI fans and for all forthcoming 4G LTE phones to now be able to run this ROM. Can you say MIUI Galaxy Nexus :)

thats awsome that they have figured it out. as worm said,this is a huge achievement to get this working without source. the dedication of DV and eris definately are to be commended.

i flashed it a long time ago,and it ran great. while its awsome that its working,i personally hate the ui,lol. ive no desire to run it for more than a few minutes ;)

tho im extremely happy for all those that have been waiting for it,and have a huge admiration for the dedication and work thats gone into bringing it to this level :cool:

Upvote 0
Color me impressed. I messed around with it for the last hour and I kind of like it. I am with That's. There are some things I really like, such as the notifications drop down. I hate no app drawer. Got a crazy quadrant score ~3100 @ 1.4 GHz. Really smooth. But only very basic settings (but they are well organized).

I am flashing back to Liquid for now, mostly because I need working Google Voice mail. I will definitely be stopping back by.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is answered on rootz, but superuser gave me some issues. I could not get TiBu to get root until I installed the SU and busybox from the market. After I did that everything seemed to go OK, but it made me feel like there was something broken in the background that would rear its head as some point.

Edit: BTW, I did enable SU in the settings as per the MIUI OP on rootz. TiBu could still not get root.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is answered on rootz, but superuser gave me some issues. I could not get TiBu to get root until I installed the SU and busybox from the market. After I did that everything seemed to go OK, but it made me feel like there was something broken in the background that would rear its head as some point.

Edit: BTW, I did enable SU in the settings as per the MIUI OP on rootz. TiBu could still not get root.

I totally went and installed SU from the market, worked after that.

I'm back on my CM7 install. The GPS is still stellar on here. I don't know what they did, but I like it!

Upvote 0
I totally went and installed SU from the market, worked after that.

I'm back on my CM7 install. The GPS is still stellar on here. I don't know what they did, but I like it!

I think they pretty much fixed the AOPS GPS bug a month or so ago. Someone finally figured it out. I still boot into recovery with a GPS lock when I am going to switch ROMS, though, just because it can save so much pain.

Edit: thanks for confirming the SU thing, too.

Upvote 0
I hate no app drawer.

I took the suggestion of Worm (on another site) and created a folder in the dock for my apps - Works just like an app drawer, pretty much, and made things much less cluttered.

I like the look and feel overall of MIUI, but it's a bit too iphoney for me. I miss the familiarity of the standard Android menus as well. I wish it had a bit more connection to other Android ROM's in it's layout, especially with settings menus.

Reactions: Thats
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones