• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS on v3.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

incred99

Jul 14, 2010
Anyone else having issues with downloading MMS messages? It tries to download then just fails. Not sure what is going on with that, I tried the EVO MMS app and that didnt work, I reverted to the stock Inc MMS app (via ROM Manager) and still nothing. Performed a few reboots and still wont download.

Other than this, everything is working just great.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else having issues with downloading MMS messages? It tries to download then just fails. Not sure what is going on with that, I tried the EVO MMS app and that didnt work, I reverted to the stock Inc MMS app (via ROM Manager) and still nothing. Performed a few reboots and still wont download.

Other than this, everything is working just great.

Thanks in advance!

I've had that problem for quite some time. I am on 3.0.1 and what you describe happens to me. Doesn't matter if it's the stock app, EVO app, or Handcent. I've asked a number of times and no answer is ever offered or suggested. Same with the problem I've been having trying to upgrade to 3.1 or streaming video. Others have similar issues.

Upvote 0
Ok so I got it working, here is what I did for anyone who still has this issue.

1. Install Titanium Backup & backup ONLY apps and data, not system data (if you want to preserve any apps with their data, rather than starting fresh in the market)
2. Open ROM Manager and Clear download cache in ROM Manager
3. Re-download Virtuous 3.1.0
4. Install Virtuous 3.1.0 and choose Wipe Data and Cache
5. After the install go to the Market and download Titanium Backup (if you did step 1) and restore your apps.
6. Enjoy MMS again!

You will have to redo your homescreen setup (ie, widgets and background)
Pretty simple and quick fix.

Hope this helps you guys.

If a MOD or Admin wants to mark the thread title as Solved I would appreciate it, I tried, but it didn't take.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones