• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Network: What happens if I turn it off?

Proposal came on 2nd date. Seems kind of :eek: to most people, but not to us. :)

My parents went on 10 before the proposal, and they've been married almost 30 years (will be in Aug). Good luck to you and your lady.

Back, Kind of on topic.

I got my phone because it was running a google linux OS, and I wanted a prettier, more fun, smart phone instead of my dumb phone. :)

I use it mainly to make/recieve calls and texts, though I do use it a lot for playing games and getting news. I used it quite a bit the last couple of weeks for my sole internet, since I was in the middle of moving and did not have any internet (hotel wifi Sucked majorly, much easier to tether briefly to post my homework). Now that I have internet again, I don't use it to tether at all, but it was great for an emergency. I don't travel at all (poor college kid, ya know), but I haven't had any dropped calls or other problems between Tampa and Orlando, FL. I don't have too many apps, and have only purchase 2 so far. PcSay, which was worth it for the color pop (use that ALL the time, it's so much fun!), and Better Cut, which was so incredibly worth it for Mario brothers icons!

About turning off Data and turning on WiFi: I keep my data off when I'm not actively playing with apps. I don't have WiFi where I live, and don't have a job at the moment, so I rarely use that. If I'm not using the phone, I don't need to have the data running down the battery - without a job or anything, I have nothing that I need to get *right this moment* from my emails, so it doesn't bother me personally. When I get a text with a pic, I turn the data on (I have a shortcut to it on my home page), download the pic, and turn it off again. I noticed a large improvement between doing this and not using my phone 24/7. Though that could have been mainly the "not using my phone 24/7 part"... :D

Just my 2 cents....well, maybe like 14 cents, that was kinda long. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones