• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Modified build.prop...

Well if the apps you are referring to are games i would use rom toolbox to EDIT the build.prop

change the model and manufacturer to
GT-I9100
Samsung

ro.product.manufacturer samsung
ro.product.model GT-I9100

I used that and was able to play gameloft games and download em.Might want to look around and see what others work.I had to become a "droid razor" for some game lol.

Upvote 0
Well if the apps you are referring to are games i would use rom toolbox to EDIT the build.prop

GT-I9100
Samsung

I used that and was able to play gameloft games and download em.Might want to look around and see what others work.I had to become a "droid razor" for some game lol.

I did not know you can do that. Quite useful.

Upvote 0

GT-I9100
Samsung

What's the model number if I want to change it back ?

Upvote 0
Be careful when modifying the build.prop guys.

Think of this as Microsoft Window's registry or Mozilla Firefox's about config.

It contains valuable data that tell the operating system how to do things & where to find certain information. Improper editting of this can brick your phone, so always make sure to have a nandroid to fall back on.

An important thing to know for the Connect is that it's default PPI is 242. Changing it might make your icons bigger or smaller, but the Play Store will think you are using a different device even if the ro.build.description & ro.build.fingerprint say otherwise. :p Happy tweaking!

Upvote 0
that name tells the apps what phoen you have and thus will allow certain apps to run, google play however uses the device keys

for instance here is a I9000 build.prop

ro.build.description=GT-I9000-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD XXJVT release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9000/GT-I9000:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/XXJVT:user/release-keys

this is what the google market reads and decides what apps will work etc, so make sure you change the device name/model etc with these keys

Reactions: lilonex3
Upvote 0
that name tells the apps what phoen you have and thus will allow certain apps to run, google play however uses the device keys

for instance here is a I9000 build.prop

this is what the google market reads and decides what apps will work etc, so make sure you change the device name/model etc with these keys

I have been trying to figure out what google play used,thanks shabby,been a while,good to see ya

Upvote 0
I switched my build.prop back to the original manufacturer and model and apps that were compatible with my phone are not now:(

try reinstalling the apps that arent compatible,I had a few issues with some apps not being compatible after I went back after i downloaded a game.but a redownload fixed it.and if you have a backup of that app with titanium you can just restore data after installing said app

Upvote 0
Can someone post their own tweaked build.prop??? Saves the noobies time and headaches. With the modifications to allow any app download from the market.:)

some apps just wont work with certain phones,you cant expect to have ALL the apps in the market work lol.theirs just some that wont work with our device.What apps are you trying to install if i may ask?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones