1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Moto G has locked itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by REALOldNick, Nov 30, 2014.

1. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2012
    When I turned on my phone yesterday morning it was locked and I did not do it! So now it's asking for a PIN and of course I do not know what that is, because I did not set it. Every 5 goes I have to wait another 30 seconds before I can try again. I tried 0000 and others like that but none works.

At first I tried giving the SIM a new PIN on another phone, but then the Moto G would unlock the sim but still demand a PIN to open the phone itself. That's when I realised I was in serious trouble.

I tried a Recover boot and a factory reset, but even though I have charged the battery to 100%, the phone just goes black as soon as I make the choice in the fastboot menu.

Help?

Nick

Advertisement

2. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2012
    Sorry for the double post. WHen I hit the Create Thread button it sat there doing something and seemed to have failed, as I was still looking at what seemed an unposted message :?

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    No worries...got it handled :)

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.