• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help motorola defy wont ring or notify

paynedawg

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
can anyone explain to me why my motorola defy will not ring, phone or ringtone? I have gone through everything I can find about this and I can't find any kind of answer. I can hit the ringer control on the side of it and it shows the ringer is all the way up, I have gone in the settings and set the volume on ring and notifications all the way up, yet when I get a text or a call, it vibrates a little and that is it.
Does this have something to do with this stupid "ring mode"? I have tried all of them, I have no idea what ring mode is and why it is installed, I have always managed my ringer just fine and now they think I need an app to control the ringer when I don't want it?
I am just frustrated and am ready to see how tough this phone is by starting throwing it and it might end up using it for target practice.
I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Is it set to silent from the actual ringtone list? Did you try changing the ringtone? Or are you using a custom tone that the phone won't play (I had a few of these)?

You can also change notification tones in messaging, calendar, gmail or other app that wants to notify you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones