• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola i1 Android Performance

alexbishop

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
Hi,

I recently purchased my i1 motorola phone and installed a few games that I had used on my previous phone (iphone 3g). It seems to me that there is a very big performance difference between the two phones while running the same game.

I was wondering if this is due to the phone specs, the fact tha maybe android is running a few things in background, or if anyone knows if the iphone has faster hardware than my i1.

Thanks in advance.

alex

Here's a tip: research before you buy. The i1 is pretty fantastically horrible, a weird low-spec niche product running an ancient version of Android and a device I don't think anyone anywhere actually ever wanted, or wants.

The phone has terrible, terrible hardware. Given that it's running Android 1.5 (the latest is 2.2), chances are good it doesn't even have a GPU, which would make playing games on it an experience akin to pulling off your own fingernails one by one.

I'm not sure why this phone was ever even made.

Upvote 0
The i1 not only runs an older version, it runs on the iDen network (Nextel). Not a fault of the phone, if the game is an online game the iden network speed is awful- it simply is not capable of high speed and never was intended to be. This phone was designed for someone who MUST have Nextel PTT but still wants a smartphone.

Reactions: alexbishop
Upvote 0
I bought an I1 because we use Direct Connect so much in our business. Is there a way to create a custom desktop for the phone so that large touchscreen buttons are presented for 4-8 key applications? I will get more of these units and dash mount them. I need to have an easy to see button that will pop up say, driving directions, maps, etc.

Also is there a way to create macros to automate applications like this sequence;?

Google maps
menu
search
voice
I could use a single key on the dash to speak an address and then have the map appear.

Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones