• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola RAZR: Worth it? (Price: $1,500)

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Motorola has been touting their brand new "RAZR" Android Phone with it's unique dose of next generation nostalgia: it's a flip phone with a foldable interior screen and custom exterior display.
    razr.png

There is no doubt it's unique - especially in form factor - but detractors would point to less than stellar specs, a very high price point, possibly better performing alternatives like the Galaxy Bloom, and gimmicky features.

What do you think- is the new 2020 Motorola Razr worth it?

razr.png

Last edited:
    It's funny: if you say "specs vs price" it's obviously not worth it. But if you say "alll phones are about the same anyway these days, flagships aren't worth the premium and this is at least different" then maybe it is?

It's a funny thing, value. Would I spend $200 more to get this rather than the s20 Ultra (which out-specs it in almost every regard)? The answer is "yes", because if I was committed to paying that type of silly price for a phone I don't want an extra $200 for one I find interesting would be worthwhile, and what sort of fool regards "specs" as more important than "does this interest me"? But am I going to shell out the launch price for this? Hell no, at that price I've other things that would be of more value to me than a phone.

But if you say "you have a $2k budget, you have to spend it on a phone, you don't get to keep the change", then yeah, despite the rumoured higher specs of the Galaxy Z Flip this appeals to me in a way that one doesn't (disclosure: I still have a working 2004 Motorola V3, original model, and I used it as my primary phone for 6 years, Unquestionably the best phone, relative to the technology of the time, that I have ever owned, even though it was in many respects less capable than the Ericsson T68 that preceded it).

Upvote 0
    I still have my Motorola V3c and V3m. I loved those phones! The closest thing to a communicator I'll ever own. :) I'm really liking the the new Razr. The design is very cool and I hope it proves dependable and trouble free. If I hadn't just upgraded it would be under consideration but only because of design. The S20 would be my choice for it's superior specs and lower price. Both price tags make me sweat. The Razr is good looking....

Upvote 0
    Flip phone with folding screen is intriguing, but that price... Boy.

That said, folding screen technology is so new, not surprised to see this price. And they had to keep cost down some, so midrange CPU and other specs that do not blow you away do not surprise me.

That said, I will be interested to get phone in hand and see how it looks/feels.

Reactions: Unforgiven
    Upvote 0
    Between all the foldable phones so far this one is probably the most interesting, but I wouldn't spend $1,500 for any phone regardless of the specs/features.

But if you say "you have a $2k budget, you have to spend it on a phone, you don't get to keep the change", then yeah, despite the rumoured higher specs of the Galaxy Z Flip this appeals to me in a way that one doesn't
    Agree :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones