• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Move restored sms from sd card to phone memory

H

HTC-Superhero

Dear all,

I have 10.000+ text messages (sms) om my old phone that I would like to get into my gmail account using the SMS Backup app.

So far I have managed - with superb assistance from Boni2K - to get them exported from the old software i had them in (MyPhoneExplorer) as an xml-file that the SMS Backup and Restore app can read.

Problem now is that the SMS Backup and Restore will restore them to the SD-card (it is indicated with a small SD-icon next to the restored messages), and the SMS Backup app only backs up messages from phone memory to GMail.

So my questions are:

• Can I move the restored messages from the SD card memory to the Phone memory?

or
  • Is there another software that will either:

1. Import an xml-file of text messages directly to the phone memory or
  2. Backup text messages form SD memory to GMail
All help is appreciated - even links to articles/posts/threads about the HTC Hero storage/memory system, as it is a complete riddle to me how I access or move stuff around between sim, phone and sd memory.

Thanks,

Lasse

ps: please note that SMS Backup (syncs to gmail) and SMS Backup and Restore (can restore from xml file) are two different apps ;)

Hi,

After searching through the forums, I came across this excellent guide. I have managed to transfer all my received text messages from my old Elm to my new Neo, however, I am unable to transfer my sent texts from my Elm to my Neo.

They do not seem to carry the time and date when they were sent over, so when they appear in the conversation, they are all jumbled up. Does anyone have any work around for this?

Kind Regards

Gray

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones