• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movies of 2023

Good deal. I've not been to a theater in years. I've never been in an IMAX theater. Oppenheimer has piqued my interest.
OMG if you are going to experience IMAX please go see Oppenheimer in IMAX. i guarantee you, it will blow your mind. this movie was filmed with IMAX film.

Upvote 0
i saw Dunkirk and holy crap what an experience. the sound alone was just nuts........add the IMAX 70mm film and talk about immersive!!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait to see Oppenheimer in IMAX with 70mm. if you can find a theater offering IMAX 70mm, i would recommend that you see it there.

the best i have found is at AMC Universal Studios City Walk. it has one of the biggest IMAX screen and offers 70mm.

Upvote 0
i saw Dunkirk and holy crap what an experience. the sound alone was just nuts........add the IMAX 70mm film and talk about immersive!!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait to see Oppenheimer in IMAX with 70mm. if you can find a theater offering IMAX 70mm, i would recommend that you see it there.

the best i have found is at AMC Universal Studios City Walk. it has one of the biggest IMAX screen and offers 70mm.

I saw Dunkirk a few days ago as an in-flight movie, Warsaw to Beijing. I'd not seen it before.

May go and see Oppenheimer when and if it releases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Meg 2, probably more cack and stupid than the first one.
Screenshot_20230801_114238_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I just saw Oppenheimer.......and man, IMAX, i felt the movie thru my bones. Talk about the immersion!!!!!! I don't think Nolan gets credit enough for his movie score and sound production.

And nobody is talking enough about Robert Downey's performance. He was fantastic and deserves an Oscar along with Cillian Murphy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I just saw Oppenheimer.......and man, IMAX, i felt the movie thru my bones. Talk about the immersion!!!!!! I don't think Nolan gets credit enough for his movie score and sound production.

And nobody is talking enough about Robert Downey's performance. He was fantastic and deserves an Oscar along with Cillian Murphy.
My next movie to purchase soon :) OR to watch in the movies as well.

Upvote 0
The season of blockbuster movies, popcorn, and air-conditioned theaters. I couldn't agree more that this is the perfect time for some good ol' movie watching.
I've caught a few films this year, but I'm really looking forward to a couple that are slated for release soon. Have you checked out the top movies right now? There's a solid lineup there, covering everything from action-packed thrillers to heartfelt dramas.
As for a favorite so far, it's a tough call, but I'm leaning towards Killers of the Flower Moon. It had everything I look for in a movie: a compelling story, complex characters, and some unforgettable scenes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw The Killers of the Flower Moon, an interesting and chilling historical film about the fate of these Native Americans in the 1920s. The casting is impeccable, with Scorsese's favorite actors Robert De Niro and Leonardo Dicaprio , but the revelation of this film for me was the charismatic Lily Gladstone aka Molly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones