• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving From Unbranded 2.3.5 to ICS

Leevis

Aug 15, 2011
Hi
I have just read that o2 have released ICS on Kies and i really want this. My handset was originally o2 but i used Odin to get 2.3.5.
Is there anyway that i can get o2 2.3.5 on my handset and then i can be back on o2 like i should be, without wiping the phone?
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi
I have just read that o2 have released ICS on Kies and i really want this. My handset was originally o2 but i used Odin to get 2.3.5.
Is there anyway that i can get o2 2.3.5 on my handset and then i can be back on o2 like i should be, without wiping the phone?
Does anyone know if this is possible?

You will need to flash your original O2 firmware via Odin, see here:-

[ROMS]Official i9100 carrier branded firmware download for Odin Flash - xda-developers

Just remembered, Megaupload is offline so you will have to get your O2 firmware here:-

http://fus.nanzen.se/

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Would i be correct in thinking that the unbranded one will be 'there' when i check for updates?

Not if your handset was orignially running O2 firmware. The "Product code" is likely GT-I9100LKAO2U, so if the current firmware doesn't have the correct CSC any Kies updates will fail.

The O2 update is already available via CheckFUS anyway, so just download it from there and flash with Odin.

Upvote 0
I am proper confused now, i think i will wait for the unbranded version, too confusing for my small brain, i think i got it more by luck last time :)
Would i be correct in thinking that the unbranded one will be 'there' when i check for updates?

Did you, when you flashed 2.3.5 with Odin, use O2 firmware and kernel or was it an unbranded , stock version?

if it was O2, 2.3.5, then you should get an update via Kies.

If not O2 branded firmware, you will need to revert back to O2 firmware as I described, via Odin.

Edit

Ninja'd by Slug! :D

Go with Slug's suggestion of getting O2 ICS from Checkfus.

(I'm getting too old for this :( )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones