• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Multiple Help Needed

Ok, nevermind what I said above, I should have known better about the apk file. So this is what is happaning: If I use the GUI and let it reboot, it gets stuck on the Kouma Kernel screen, and never gets any further. (even let it sit for 2 hours)

At that point I have to take out the battery, then go into cwm and rebuild the dalvik, even though you said above you cant do that, because from within cwm with the gui installed it breaks the symlinks.
But I have no choice since I cant get past the boot screen.

After that when I boot, I get the low memory problem. I dont know why I cant get past the boot, and I have no computer anymore so cant, and dont understand how to fix this symlink thing your talking about.

The launcher2.apk file worked when I moved it but I still had all these other issues. So im guessing I need a pc for the next step of fixing the symlink thing, I dont want to spend 2 weeks reading about it just for this, all is fine if I just restore my nandroid backup, which I just did, but now cant use the launcher2.apk.

Forgive the frustration, but it would be cool if I could have it my way, have multiple launchers atthe same time so I can use them as multiple desktops/home screens. Just cant get past the issues at hand, or understand 'em.

Upvote 0
Ok, nevermind what I said above, I should have known better about the apk file. So this is what is happaning: If I use the GUI and let it reboot, it gets stuck on the Kouma Kernel screen, and never gets any further. (even let it sit for 2 hours)

At that point I have to take out the battery, then go into cwm and rebuild the dalvik, even though you said above you cant do that, because from within cwm with the gui installed it breaks the symlinks.
But I have no choice since I cant get past the boot screen.

After that when I boot, I get the low memory problem. I dont know why I cant get past the boot, and I have no computer anymore so cant, and dont understand how to fix this symlink thing your talking about.

The launcher2.apk file worked when I moved it but I still had all these other issues. So im guessing I need a pc for the next step of fixing the symlink thing, I dont want to spend 2 weeks reading about it just for this, all is fine if I just restore my nandroid backup, which I just did, but now cant use the launcher2.apk.

Forgive the frustration, but it would be cool if I could have it my way, have multiple launchers atthe same time so I can use them as multiple desktops/home screens. Just cant get past the issues at hand, or understand 'em.
Im going to pm you do you have access to a pc? we could chat in real time maybe help get over some of the confusion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones