• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mute Problem -- opinion?

Cinsue

Mar 17, 2010
Illinois
I'm admitting right up front that I'm new to the smartphones. I currently have a Dare and have had no problems with it (except needs a new battery), but would like to step up to a smart phone. I've tried two Motorola Droid's and both had the mute problem. Verizon CS worked with me on the first one and the longest a call lasted was 53 seconds! I sent both Droids back and went back to my Dare. I was considering the Eris, but then saw info on the Incredible.

I like all the things a smart phone can do, but being able to talk on it is very important.

I know no one will actually KNOW if the Incredible will have the same/similar mute problem as the Moto Droid, but does anyone have an opinion? Are they so similar in build that it might be an issue? Have to admit that the Moto Droid has made me very cautious about getting the Incredible.

I'm admitting right up front that I'm new to the smartphones. I currently have a Dare and have had no problems with it (except needs a new battery), but would like to step up to a smart phone. I've tried two Motorola Droid's and both had the mute problem. Verizon CS worked with me on the first one and the longest a call lasted was 53 seconds! I sent both Droids back and went back to my Dare. I was considering the Eris, but then saw info on the Incredible.

I like all the things a smart phone can do, but being able to talk on it is very important.

I know no one will actually KNOW if the Incredible will have the same/similar mute problem as the Moto Droid, but does anyone have an opinion? Are they so similar in build that it might be an issue? Have to admit that the Moto Droid has made me very cautious about getting the Incredible.

I haven't even heard of that problem being widely reported so it's interesting that you ended up with the problem on two different devices.

That being said, the Droid was made my Motorola and the Incredible was made my HTC. If you were having problems with the Eris, I'd say you might have to worry because the build for that is more similar to the Incredible. I don't imagine that it will be a problem with the Incredible if it's an isolated problem on the Droid. Completely different companies and builds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones