• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Calendar vs Google account calendar confusion !!

swayzak

Mar 20, 2012
UK
Hi

Is "My Calendar" the calendar stored locally on the phone e.g. opened by selecting the Calendar app ?

How does this sync / relate to my online google account calendar ?

Why do all my phone Contact's birthdays shows up in the phone calendar, but not on my online Google calendar, even after syncing the 2 ?

thanks

All calendars (My Calendar, ....@gmail.com, UK Holidays and LastFM Events

However I seem to have fixed it now - went through offending contacts & changed Event from Birthday to something else, and back again. Then re-saved.

They now appear in calendar.

Maybe bug caused by upgrading to ICS without following this guide ... ?

How to Guide - ICS update via Kies - O2 Community

My old brain does find syncing contacts, calendars a bit confusing.

Are these birthday events supposed to show up in online Google calendar or not, after syncing from Account & Sync settings in phone ?

Upvote 0
Are these birthday events supposed to show up in online Google calendar or not, after syncing from Account & Sync settings in phone ?

Glad you got it sorted!

You have the GT-i9100P NFC variant.

Your other accounts should show up in Google calendar so long as they are shown to sync on the phone to your gmail account and also shown as a sync item in your on-line Google calendar.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it sorted!

You have the GT-i9100P NFC variant.

Your other accounts should show up in Google calendar so long as they are shown to sync on the phone to your gmail account and also shown as a sync item in your on-line Google calendar.

Thanks

I can't see any of the birthdays in the online Google calendar, even after syncing from phone to my google account.

And no option online to ensure Events are sync'ed with Android calendar.

Am I missing something ? I thought everything would just sync between the two ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones