• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Desire is better than an iPhone because.......

I wrote that i have a iPad but not what i think about it. I also want to buy a android tablet to compare and also have used a tablet pc. I feel i have to share my thoughts about the iPad. I think telling you it doesn't meet the expectations is enough. Everyone here is comparing with a technical interest while my clients want to know if they can use tablets for their business.

Despite the fact android is going strong in sales figures my clients all want to develop iPhone apps. I'm trying to talk them out of that but the marketing power of Apple is very strong. I like to build multi platform but CEO's are not watching the Google IO keynotes so it's gonna be dificult to let them make the right choice.

History tells us that it's not always the best product that wins....

You should have been clear on that :p I think tablet as a standalone device will not be sufficient enough to handle everyone's daily computing needs..unless they spend the money on the accessories to make it into a 'computer' (dock+keyboard+mouse). I'm hoping that in the near future, people see the benefit of a dual tablet-netbook combination like Lenovo's IdeaPad (Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid Tablet Laptop | Atwtg.com) I'm patiently waiting to see if other companies will pick this up and create one with Android running :) or Lenovo polishes its Tablet UI. Unless I'm mistaken, the IdeaPad seems to be the only one right now :(

And good luck with convincing your bosses to use Android. From the I/O conference, it seems that Google has made the developing tools much more easier to use and develop apps.

JJJEEEEEESSSSSUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!
Christ this 'verses' crap is unbelievable!!! Every bloody blog, magazine i read, forum I look at, person I talk to; its 'Desire... iPhone killer...', 'I the desire better than the iPhone',
You all are making me want to fling this phone over a frigging rainbow and buy a philips c12! HTC is HTC, Apple is Apple, Toyota is Toyota, and George Foremans lean mean grilling machine is George Foremans lean mean grilling machine.

Don't read the thread then! You saw the title, you knew what to expect, don't complain.

You will always read news/gossips/talks like this. If a company is at the top of the industry, you'd want other companies to best it. It's called competition. In the end, it's better for us as consumer. We end up having higher quality products that cost less. When a company is monopolistic (controls most of the industry even though it is not a monopoly) it hinders growth and innovation.

Upvote 0
JJJEEEEEESSSSSUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!
Christ this 'verses' crap is unbelievable!!! Every bloody blog, magazine i read, forum I look at, person I talk to; its 'Desire... iPhone killer...', 'I the desire better than the iPhone',
You all are making me want to fling this phone over a frigging rainbow and buy a philips c12!
HTC is HTC, Apple is Apple, Toyota is Toyota, and George Foremans lean mean grilling machine is George Foremans lean mean grilling machine.

I don't mind the comparison between products because it is the reason the consumer is getting more value for money and it keeps the companies awake...

What i do mind is that people don't wanna see the negative points on a product they bought. I buy a lot of phones and other gadgets and all of them have positive and negative features...

But if it freaks you out to much then don't read....

Upvote 0
Let me elaborate on that speed issue. Go to music and then start playing tracks, different ones. They load pretty much instantly. On an iPhone there is a delay at least 4 or 5 seconds between each track. Load a YouTube video under the same connection as an iPhone. The desire will play the video much sooner than the iPhone. Any webpage loads quicker on The desire under the same connection. I now tell people I got abit frustrated with my 3gs loading webpages. "the desire is just that little bit more snappy" make sure you say that in earshot of an iPhone owner!!!! Tell them it can do more. And give them this example that I've said before.

Go into voice search, then say find pizza hut! This will take you into maps. An iPhone user will say big deal, I can do that. But you say, my voice search is more accurate than yours. Then when you get the pizza hut up on your maps, click on the bar and it will take you to street view. iPhone user again will say, so what I can do that. But then you click on compass mode and move the phone around in your hand. You will be able to see the shop and pan around without touching the screen. Then you say to the iPhone user, let's see you do that! Instant justice! It's better if you find a tall building like big ben as you can pan up and down, left or right. Then you say
"you see, the iPhones good, but the desire just does more, and better"

Very cool.

Upvote 0
This is one of the most idiotic things I have read on this forum. (Not quite as idiotic as "I get five days battery life out of my Desire running ATK" but it's close.)

The Desire is an awesome phone.

The iPhone 4 is an awesome phone.

Get over it.

lol look at the date of the post, the iphone4 was not out, specs and pics had only been leaked at this point.

when compared to a 3gs the screen of the desire (back then amoled) was and is far superior.
the screen on the amoled desire is still just as good as iphone4 but they are rare now

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure I had to say (for example) "Show Map of Museums, Leeds" (im in an office so not going to test)

The videos on this function are disappointing though. They suggest you can call, email or text someone. If you dont have their number, it searches the internet, finds the number and calls them

I end up with a google search of the words "call xxxx"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones