• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Downloads showing up on the other Eris Driod In house

Ya, we are using the same account as the other phone is the "master" phone line. I didn't think I could have a different google account for each phone.

Sure you can. Just create another.

The gmail account you use for the phone is more or less the center to which everything else revolves. It not only provides the email address to sync with, but the contacts and calendar as well. It is your identity in the Android market and allows the market to update apps along with keeping track of purchases you have made. When running the 2.1 OS you can have more than one gmail account synced to your phone, but no matter what you have to have a main gmail account for everything to connect with.

Upvote 0
In the original gmail account I had created an additional calendar so that events for just myself didn't show up on the "house" calendar. I shared that particular calendar on the original gmail account that the phones are connected to - we'll call it Carol. But when I log into on my phone with the new gmail account I created the Carol calendar isn't one that I can choose to view. So there's something Im missing in the step between exporting and importing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones