• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My droid 2 won't turn on, full battery?

Last time i checked my droid 2, it was working fine with 30% battery life. An hour later when i saw my phone, i assumed it was dead so i charged it till it was full. However, for some odd reason it wouldn't turn on. However, it had that "turn on" vibrate feeling but the screen didn't display when i tried to turn on my phone. I used my sister's droid 2 battery to see if it was the battery but it wasn't. So i assume it's the phone itsellf. Anyone else have encountered this problem?

Also, when i tried calling my cell phone from my house phone, my droid made a single vibrate and stopped. My house phone said my messages were full or something like that and im not evening messaging? :thinking:

Please help, thank you.

Also, try pulling the battery and letting it sit outside the phone for a couple of minutes, then replacing it. I had a similar problem when my battery died (bad connection to charger). Even after I had let it charge for an hour, which should have been long enough to turn on, it wouldn't. I accidentally pulled the battery with the charger still attached, and suddenly my screen lit up, so I put the battery back in, and the phone continued to boot. When booted, it read 5%, but was charging and charged rather quickly.

If possible, charge your battery often. LI batteries do not like to be discharged fully.

Upvote 0
This may sound funny but, i've done it mutliple times and it always works.
If your driod doesnt cut on, take your charger and insert it then take it out.. and repeat how ever many times it takes for it to cut back on. i put the charger in and take it out about 10 times and the phone cuts on, stupid i kno but it works. but im getting a new phone soon my droid is blahhh!:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones