• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My NOTE issue with Com.Android.Phone has stopped unexpectedly.

Sometimes after ending a call a message would pop up:
"The process com.Android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
I had to forced closed.
My Note is connected via BlueTooth to my OEM in-dash NAV+BT in my vehicle.
When this happens the car's BT will not be able to make or receive any more calls as the Note is frozen.

I have to reboot the Note and then reconnect the vehicle's BT to the Note and it will work again.

This happens practically everyday and on my two vehicles both with OEM Nav+BT.

I called Samsung Tech Support and was told that the upcoming ICS update might solve this issue.
Then I went to my phone carrier's store and was given a replacement Note yesterday.
Today the brand new Note does the same thing after a few calls while I was driving!

I Googled this issue and found that many other Andriod phones are having the same issue.
It also affects other Android phones by Samsung, LG and HTC.

My 30 days is up in two days and sadly I am seriously considering returning the Note and getting an iPhone.

Is there any solution for this or is this a typical Android issue?

Sometimes after ending a call a message would pop up:
"The process com.Android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
I had to forced closed.
My Note is connected via BlueTooth to my OEM in-dash NAV+BT in my vehicle.
When this happens the car's BT will not be able to make or receive any more calls as the Note is frozen.

I have to reboot the Note and then reconnect the vehicle's BT to the Note and it will work again.

This happens practically everyday and on my two vehicles both with OEM Nav+BT.

I called Samsung Tech Support and was told that the upcoming ICS update might solve this issue.
Then I went to my phone carrier's store and was given a replacement Note yesterday.
Today the brand new Note does the same thing after a few calls while I was driving!

I Googled this issue and found that many other Andriod phones are having the same issue.
It also affects other Android phones by Samsung, LG and HTC.

My 30 days is up in two days and sadly I am seriously considering returning the Note and getting an iPhone.

Is there any solution for this or is this a typical Android issue?

I personally have never encountered this, using a cheap bluetooth speakerphone device in my car (some Motorola thing that clips to my visor and cost about $40).

It's possible that if you're using the phone with some sort of hard-wired Bluetooth phone system or one that came from the manudfacturer built into your vehicle, there might be some global Android bluetooth communication issue, but again, I've never encountered this or heard of it before.

I would post this problem/scenario (after searching the following thread to see if same or similar topic has been mentioned) here: AT&T Galaxy Note I717 Q&A - xda-developers and see what kinds of responses you get.

Would hate for you to have to go back to an iFruit and the iOS Thought Police over something that seems like it might be fixable by just flashing a new/alternate Bluetooth radio in the phone you have now.

Good luck and let us know what you uncover.

-Ryan

Upvote 0
Thanks Ryan,

I just called Samsung Tech Support again and mentioned that this is a new replacement Note and it's also doing the same thing.

On his suggestion I reset the Note back to factory.
This time I don't import my Contacts (1250#) and manually entered the few must have contacts and see if the issue goes away.

Me thinks a Korean made device doesn't want to play nice with German vehicles! LOL

Maybe if I buy a Hyundai car it might just work well with the Note! :D

I really like the Note and will try and get it to work with my vehicles' BT.

I think the problem may have been caused by Google Maps App which I have opened while I'm driving as I like the feature where I can click on the address on my Calendar and it automatically opens up Google Maps and display the destination on the map.
Then I can program my vehicle GPS if I need to go to the destination.

I read somewhere on the Internet search that Google Maps update may also cause this issue as several have found.

They uninstall the updates for Google Maps version 5.6.0 and the issue was resolved.
The problem is the new SGN came preloaded with version 6.0.0 Google Maps so there is no updates to uninstalled.

I'll give it another go for the next few days and see if I do not use Google Maps during driving if the issue goes away.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones