• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone crashed and it wont turn on!

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have an Alcatel one touch idol s, about 6 months old. I rooted it by mistake about 3/4 months ago, but havent had an issue with it ever. I mainly use it to watch youtube, and I do so having it charging which I now know is bad. I was doing this when it just suddenly turned off. As in, the screen went black. I tried changing the charger, I tried putting it in recovery mode, nothing. Literally no charging light was on, it didnt do any vibrations or anything. By the way, if you didnt know the Idol s is thin, meaning the battery is inaccessible. Please help! I never had a warranty on it, even before it was rooted. I have never done anything root related with the phone either. I was just watching a video, with it charging with a charger i rarely use and it just went black, 100% off! Help!

Here's a support page for the ALCATEL ONE TOUCH IDOL S:

ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Products - Support - IDOL S

http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/contents/download/manual/onetouch-6034r-user-manual-english.pdf

Scroll down to pg 120 in the user manual PDF for troubleshooting & warranty information.

Depending on place/country of purchase,you may still be covered by the mfgs warranty.

Here's the USA support page:

ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Support

However,if you're from somewhere else,the support page should be readily available via support link at the top of the page.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones