• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone (keyboard/dictionary) won't remember words...

shoeboy23

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hello, My first post here. I have a Sprint Samsung Epic Galaxy S2 4G Touch. I kinda like it. I got rid of the HTC EVO for this...i almost wish i didnt. The EVO did everything I asked of it. My signal was WAY better with the EVO. Browsing the internet was quicker, but I still have faith the Sprint Samsung Epic Galaxy S2 4G Touch will end up being what the EVO was for me at one time.

Enough of my Love Hate with my new phone. I have a couple problems i NEED help with. I am currently running GO SMS (like i did with my EVO) and GO KEYBOARD (like i did with my EVO) The auto correct feature KILLS me. Probably because it won't remember words. i have spelled certain words at least 100 times, and each time i hold my finger down on the bar thingy til it says "SAVED", yet when i go to type those words again...no luck. I have several friends with nicknames and i hate that the darn phone can't remember "Pern, Tran, or Sneeb". I also frequent a restaurant called Tlaquepaque. on the EVO i could type T-L-A and Tlaquepaque would fill in if i hit space bar...not on the Samsung Epic Galaxy S2 4G Touch.

I ran the same version of Go Keyboard and GO SMS on the Evo as i am on this phone.

I hope someone can help. I am almost ready to sell this phone and go back to my battery draining EVO (which is for sale on EBAY right now. maybe not for long).

Thanks,

Aaron...Shoeboy"."

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones