• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Verizon friend is not getting my texts

S

skimommi

My friend recently upgraded her phone to the new Samsung Galaxy on Verizon. I have an HTC on Sprint. Now she is no longer getting my text messages. I am getting her's just fine, and have no problems with anyone else not getting texts. Is there a problem on her end or mine?

My friend recently upgraded her phone to the new Samsung Galaxy on Verizon. I have an HTC on Sprint. Now she is no longer getting my text messages. I am getting her's just fine, and have no problems with anyone else not getting texts. Is there a problem on her end or mine?

Did your friend just update her phone from an iPhone? If she did update from an iPhone she needs to contact Apple to have her account removed from iMessage. Basically, iMessage intercepts ALL text messages, and until it is deactivated, it will continue to do so.

If she is not coming from an iPhone, have her contact Verizon to make sure that it isn't a problem with the way her plan is set up.

Remember, as crazy as it sounds, with Android, sometimes rebooting the phone will fix small problems like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones