• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nand Backup with Cracked screen!!!!!

Ovadiah

Lurker
Aug 22, 2011
I'm hoping that someone has gone through this a did something to make sure there was always a fallback. I have a Motorola Defy rooted running Cyanogen Mod 7. I done a nand backup in a while and on the way to work I dropped my phone a shattered the screen. The phone is technically operable and I can access it using Android Webkey so doing a Titanium Backup is possible. However, I want to see if there is a why to do a complete nand backup without going into the bootloader menu. Like is there an app that I can download that will do this automatically. Again, cant access the screen unless the phone is in cyanogen mod. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

Actually there are two ways.
The first: If you haven't already, download and install the Motorola USB Drivers for your phone onto your PC go here Motorola 5.5.0 Driver with MotoHelper
Then go here and establish ADB in your PC's system path Pre-packaged ADB Installer
Then Go here Java 6 Download
Then Go here Droid@ screen Watch the video. You already installed the SDK when you installed the Pre-packaged ADB. The most important part is how to point the Droid@Screen to the adb.exe.

When done plug your phone(turned on) into the PC and run Droid@Screen. This will allow you to see your phones screen on your PC screen, You can even see your recovery screen if you need to.

Second: After you have downloaded all the above go here if your recovery is a ClockWorkMod recovery: QtADB
This may or mat not work for your phone. If it works for your phone it will allow you to see and transfer files from your PC to any part of the sd card and system (that's right I said the system).

Hope this helps.
AndyOpie150

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones