• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey Syd. Is there a toggles mod that adds recovery and download mode like jkay did when it was relavent. I tried the one in the mods section but those two toggles werent included. Also I know now not to flash that transparent theme as it removes the quick panel/notification drop down. Bugger to get back.

Aroma mods, from the neat thread, is like a kitchen. Lots of cool mods including 23 toggles. It's designed for neat rom so is very good.

Alternatively, there's the alliance framework, a package of mods a bit like jkay. Works well for some, but others have issues.

Jkay is also in the process of cooking a new jkay framework so you could always wait for that.

Upvote 0
Aroma mods, from the neat thread, is like a kitchen. Lots of cool mods including 23 toggles. It's designed for neat rom so is very good.

Alternatively, there's the alliance framework, a package of mods a bit like jkay. Works well for some, but others have issues.

Jkay is also in the process of cooking a new jkay framework so you could always wait for that.

Ill hang on for jkay then. I use aroma but no quick toggle for recovery mode. Im using hellkats tool from the market for time being. Cheers for the heads up. I thought jkay had vanished.

Upvote 0
1. Can I reflash a different 23 toggles/battery mod over another? I tried the transparent blue one and I dont like it. I think I want the black one.

2. I think I want the mods that are in the Lite edition. Can I just reflash the lite over this full fat edition? Or do I have to do other things?

3. How can I get the crt off mod for this?

4. Can I get the flashlight to work by holding down the home key with the screen locked like AllianceROM has?

5. Where is the task manager? I cant find the app or the widget?

Upvote 0
1. Can I reflash a different 23 toggles/battery mod over another? I tried the transparent blue one and I dont like it. I think I want the black one.

2. I think I want the mods that are in the Lite edition. Can I just reflash the lite over this full fat edition? Or do I have to do other things?

3. How can I get the crt off mod for this?

4. Can I get the flashlight to work by holding down the home key with the screen locked like AllianceROM has?

5. Where is the task manager? I cant find the app or the widget?

I was able to re-run the Aromma mod and overwrite yeah. Also I saw a CRT mod in the link Twinn mentioned a few posts up but it came with warnings. I can't specify but I tend to shy away unless I have more details.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: FirebirdStud
Upvote 0
thats the one. Just install via CWM and follow the prompts. It's super simple.

cool, thanks! It will work on the Lite version too, correct?

CRT off works with jeboo 1.3 kernel for sure. Haven't tested on other kernels but I know it won't work on philz.

Thank you!

I want to start with the lite version though, since it has fixes already. Im on the full fat version. Can I just boot into cwm recovery and install the lite zip, or do I have to rom nuke to factory reset everything first?

Upvote 0
cool, thanks! It will work on the Lite version too, correct?

Thank you!

I want to start with the lite version though, since it has fixes already. Im on the full fat version. Can I just boot into cwm recovery and install the lite zip, or do I have to rom nuke to factory reset everything first?

you probably could just plonk it on top but run that nuker to be sure. No harm creating a nandroid backup first :D

Upvote 0
you probably could just plonk it on top but run that nuker to be sure. No harm creating a nandroid backup first :D

I've got a nandroid backup of this full fat NeatROM before any mods.

I just dont want to set up all my apps yet again by nuking it if I dont have to. I know, Im being lazy, but Im sick of nuking and flashing and setting it up again, only to do it again. That is why I am going to NeatROM, because I want a setup that just works. I am now sick of dicking around with it. :D

Upvote 0
I've got a nandroid backup of this full fat NeatROM before any mods.

I just dont want to set up all my apps yet again by nuking it if I dont have to. I know, Im being lazy, but Im sick of nuking and flashing and setting it up again, only to do it again. That is why I am going to NeatROM, because I want a setup that just works. I am now sick of dicking around with it. :D

Trust me I know the feeling, heck read my posts earlier today. I was pulling my hair out but I finally found a set up that my phone just loves and performs the best it has for a long time.

Upvote 0
Trust me I know the feeling, heck read my posts earlier today. I was pulling my hair out but I finally found a set up that my phone just loves and performs the best it has for a long time.

Yeah I was reading that! I was on AllianceROM and they had kick ass features, but still too buggy for me. It annoyed me that I couldn't access my external SD card through esfile explorer, and the crt off mod stopped working.. the list goes on and on. So now I came to NeatROM because everyone raves about it. If I can get a stable JB ROM with a great kernel that lets the phone sleep and conserve battery then I will be happy. Because with AllianceROM the battery was just shit.

Upvote 0
I loved my old AOKP roms before NEAT because having been on CheckROM for so long prior I wanted something a bit different. Had experiences with AndyXROM as well which was pretty buggy when I tried it. In the end I need something more stable and practical without all the fluff. NEAT quenched that thirst and I didn't upgrade from 1.2 since mid last year. It's nice to see how the phone performs after a complete wipe too.

Upvote 0
wow, my phone just randomly restarted, and now is stuck at the samsung GTI9100 screen with the yellow triangle. Not sure what the hell happened, as the phone was just sitting on my desk as I checked my email before bed.. but looks like I will have to nuke the rom and install the lite now.

Im going to try the restore first for the night, and nuke it in the morning.

Edit: the restore worked, lost all my messages which is annoying, but the phone now boots up again.

Anyone else report this happening?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones